Country flag

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Of course there isn't much there I can read. :) What language is that Sondre?

There have been references to it being a "90cc class" saw, but I think it's supposed to be 92cc. Who knows. Either way, there's no wishing for another 2cc when you're running it.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

There have been references to it being a "90cc class" saw, but I think it's supposed to be 92cc. Who knows. Either way, there's no wishing for another 2cc when you're running it.
It's in Norwegian, so I can decipher most of it. Lol.

redoakman

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

hey bob quick question the 585xp , is it going to be 85cc or 87 like the 390. thanks brandon

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
hey bob quick question the 585xp , is it going to be 85cc or 87 like the 390. thanks brandon

Should be the same displacement. There's been a wholesale change from the old days where multiple models on a common chassis were of different displacements. There are now 5 such chassis: 545/550, 555/562, 565/572, 365/372 and the upcoming 585/592. The differences are now about the transfer covers, crank stuffers, ignitions and whatever. However in the case of these new saws, there are no transfer covers. It's all cast in as it was on the 575/576, but they are big. Like a garden hose on each side of the cylinder.

The problem with all this is that after so many years of the model number being at least close to indicating the CC's, most people think that all of these "5" model saws are smaller than they are. They assume the 555 is 55cc, the 565 is 65cc, etc. Same with the 365 that in fact used to be 65cc as we all know. That, combined with the lack of an XP decal means that they mostly get overlooked. The 565 is an awful good 70cc saw that few people pay attention to.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Be cool if someone actually spilled some beans...cuz second quarter isn't really that far away...lol a guy can try, right?

Yeah, I've got all the beans, and I've asked for permission to spill them in a video with Walt. Until they release the rest of the details, I have to hold off. Of course if you had ever taken the ride over here that you've been talking about for 4 years, you might have been able to get a look at the beans. :)

The product codes can be entered in dealers carts, but ship dates are July 26. If everything is on time. And in this nutty world, who expects that to happen?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Compares well to a 372, and costs less. When you put the stop watch away, and just work, there's little difference between the XP's and their junior models. Nearly everyone who runs both versions in any chassis says there's not much difference when working. Same for the 365/372. Much of this debate goes away in the woods, when the focus is on getting the job done. But when sitting in front of a computer and focusing on spec charts the discussion moves into a kind of Twilight Zone world with guys obsessing over fractional differences that they wouldn't be talking about if they were out in the woods working.

But I guess to answer your question safe to say the 565 equals the 372 and the 572 exceeds it. But when things are close, much of this will come down to personal opinions, and that's just my opinion. How they feel, what you're used to. Often leads to senseless arguments. But it's not a who's right/who's wrong deal. I think the way to look at it is, there are four 70cc saws in the Husky line up to choose from. Pick the one you want and just ignore the guys who want to tell you it's the wrong saw. :)

MinnWeekendCutter

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Compares well to a 372, and costs less. When you put the stop watch away, and just work, there's little difference between the XP's and their junior models. Nearly everyone who runs both versions in any chassis says there's not much difference when working. Same for the 365/372. Much of this debate goes away in the woods, when the focus is on getting the job done. But when sitting in front of a computer and focusing on spec charts the discussion moves into a kind of Twilight Zone world with guys obsessing over fractional differences that they wouldn't be talking about if they were out in the woods working.

But I guess to answer your question safe to say the 565 equals the 372 and the 572 exceeds it. But when things are close, much of this will come down to personal opinions, and that's just my opinion. How they feel, what you're used to. Often leads to senseless arguments. But it's not a who's right/who's wrong deal. I think the way to look at it is, there are four 70cc saws in the Husky line up to choose from. Pick the one you want and just ignore the guys who want to tell you it's the wrong saw. :)

Am I correct in the assumption that there is not a heated handle option on the 565? If so I would feel a bit silly since I recently got a 572XPG. I just wanted more power and longer bar abilities than my 550mk2. I didn’t see a heated option for the 565 but I didn’t ask.

I certainly like the 572 in any case, just thinking I could have perhaps saved a little $ for only giving up a little power that I wouldn’t have noticed anyway. I love the heated handles in MN winters though, best move I’ve made as far as saw purchases.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Am I correct in the assumption that there is not a heated handle option on the 565? If so I would feel a bit silly since I recently got a 572XPG. I just wanted more power and longer bar abilities than my 550mk2. I didn’t see a heated option for the 565 but I didn’t ask.

I certainly like the 572 in any case, just thinking I could have perhaps saved a little $ for only giving up a little power that I wouldn’t have noticed anyway. I love the heated handles in MN winters though, best move I’ve made as far as saw purchases.

That's right Paul; no 565G.

Last edited:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I've got all the beans, and I've asked for permission to spill them in a video with Walt. Until they release the rest of the details, I have to hold off. Of course if you had ever taken the ride over here that you've been talking about for 4 years, you might have been able to get a look at the beans. :)

The product codes can be entered in dealers carts, but ship dates are July 26. If everything is on time. And in this nutty world, who expects that to happen?
I've been threatening to visit for some time, I really should!

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Thumper; that's the one I'm looking for. It's on a UK site but not yet in the image bank. That stainless steel muffler is way different than the 572/562 style. More like a 372 muff. No baffles in there; just a big hole going in and a big hole coming out. Has quite a bark to it.
They must have been watching the modders.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
7:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Well the 592's are in action on the BC coast, apparently the guys are liking them. Word on the street is they are very responsive on the throttle....
I would think one way it will be a success for a BC coast Faller's saw, anyhow, would be if it comes in at approx the same physical size and weight as the 390xp. Its sitting at 90cc as it looks.
Could be a bumped up 390 in the power department.? That would be good.
If the weight is not on par with 390/661 then it could be a bust?
The 395 has been a dust collector for many yrs now in BC felling for that reason. Then again that was before the popularity of the lite bars.
When they discontinue the 660 some went to the 390 as not all were impressed with things they heard about the 661. Others to the 661
If this is a no go then it all goes way of the 661.
It would be a shame to see Husqvarna with not one single dominant felling saw in that region.

Did anyone ever get the full specs???
It doesn't look so big but it's hard to tell.

Another note about the throttle response, the guys are saying its really touchy and not in a good way, like everything or nothing. their complaints were when limbing, apparently it's hard to have the thing not bouncing off the limiter all the time.
Sounds like a Deakerized 461. It's all or nothing at first. May take some days to adapt? The bigger problem would be that it's rough at full throttle (if that's what you are saying they said? I'm sure you are not talking about travel limiters?) That would be the deal breaker if it can't come out of that mode, for me as you have to keep it pinned all the time, there it be heavy or light brushing or limbing with round chisel. It's a big part of the day were you could be on and off the trigger 1500-3000+ times a day.
So it needs to be always in and out of load throughout the day. Finding some satisfactory throttle position near the end of the trigger would be a disaster for this application I speak of.
If that's truly the problem they are having then hopefully they just need to be set up better. IDK.

Time will tell.