592XP info and a surprise

redoakman

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
im wondering if they will use the bottem end of the 572 for the 585 beacause as everyone claims s its way over built , and have some interchangleable parts like the 372/390 then the 592 is a whole diffent design like 395 to 390
my 2 cents ..

BangBang77

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not a Husky guy at all, but to be fair about Dom's 572, it was ported to the ragged edge and he asked for "all the beans". From his description, the saw as-designed and built didn't fail. It hung a ring as a result of port changes. That is not the saws fault in my opinion and could happen to any saw when ported to such an extent.

I understand his frustration and even ribbed him in another thread about it, but I don't think the 572 is a bad saw based on his solitary experience.

Are there possible design issues that are taking out bearings and seals? Other posters, including Randy I believe, have laid that out so I take that as solid evidence. This failure mode could also be attributed to heavy handed operators, just as the 10mm 044s.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So what's the surprise or did I miss it? Bigger oil tank? 9.0hp? CC's actually equal to or bigger than the model number (92cc+)? Flawless QC? Available in a manual adjust carb too?

I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not a Husky guy at all, but to be fair about Dom's 572, it was ported to the ragged edge and he asked for "all the beans". From his description, the saw as-designed and built didn't fail. It hung a ring as a result of port changes. That is not the saws fault in my opinion and could happen to any saw when ported to such an extent.

I understand his frustration and even ribbed him in another thread about it, but I don't think the 572 is a bad saw based on his solitary experience.

Are there possible design issues that are taking out bearings and seals? Other posters, including Randy I believe, have laid that out so I take that as solid evidence. This failure mode could also be attributed to heavy handed operators, just as the 10mm 044s.
I dont think the 572 is a bad saw at all. The design is excellent..We later found a main nozzle failure in the carburetor and think it was a contributing factor in the saws demise. You're right on other counts though, I did quite literally "ask for all it had".

When the 592 is available, or i can bribe someone in Europe to send one early, ill send it to someone on the site to get their digits and burrs into!

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So what's the surprise or did I miss it? Bigger oil tank? 9.0hp? CC's actually equal to or bigger than the model number (92cc+)? Flawless QC? Available in a manual adjust carb too?

I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.
I think he was referring to the 585.

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
2:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I dont think the 572 is a bad saw at all. The design is excellent..We later found a main nozzle failure in the carburetor and think it was a contributing factor in the saws demise. You're right on other counts though, I did quite literally "ask for all it had".

When the 592 is available, or i can bribe someone in Europe to send one early, ill send it to someone on the site to get their digits and burrs into!
Maybe you've already stated this but who did the port work on your 572, if you don't mind me asking?