592XP info and a surprise

Catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
Local time
10:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m interested to see if it pulls like a freight train similar to what the 395 does. If it does with side adjust and an inboard clutch it will be a winner.

If they just built a 661 killer, that’s a bummer.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m interested to see if it pulls like a freight train similar to what the 395 does. If it does with side adjust and an inboard clutch it will be a winner.

If they just built a 661 killer, that’s a bummer.
I just quoted this because I like it and thought folks should like it again. If it can't oil a 42" at a minimum it will be tough to call it a replacement even though most users won't ever need that.

Last edited:

Catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just quoted this because I like it and thought folks should like it again. If it can't oil a 42" at a minimum it will be tough to call it a replacement even though most users won't ever need that.

I’ve run the 395 over the 385/390, and Stihl’s 66 series for years because it pulls 42 inch bars really well. The rest can’t be said of those ~6 cubic inch saws. I’ve been very glad I packed my 395 with that bar on more than one occasion. The 394/395 is very similar to the 2100 series of saw with a shorter stroke. They could have been a much larger displacement saw with minor changes, which sort of explains why they pull so hard and like to run at lower speeds and why they are so different despite being so close in displacement to some of their contemporaries.

Anyway, I think I’ve sidetracked enough. I’m interested to see what this new machine has to offer.

Last edited:

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks sir for sharing this information looks like a winner

@Spike60
Bob..am i misunderstanding you or did you say you are in possession of a pre-production model...
i remember running an early 560 you had back in 08 or 09..
i thought it was the second coming...

I've had a couple XPG's for a while now. They are in logger's hands to get as much run time as possible. They want guys who'll put a couple hundred hours on them, which wouldn't happen with me just playing around. I just keep an eye on them and check them over now and then.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've had a couple XPG's for a while now. They are in logger's hands to get as much run time as possible. They want guys who'll put a couple hundred hours on them, which wouldn't happen with me just playing around. I just keep an eye on them and check them over now and then.

Muh feels things be hurted.

im holding a "rally" upstate soon... me and my PSP buddies needs to be herd( or is that Herd-ed) We will not be leaving until we can time some cookies... or when our wives call- whatever happens first.

funny but whenever I purchase a "motor" or major equipment, I always ask to talk to the service techs...ask them "hey...what do you guys work on this model most for?" and look into their eyes...They quickly respond with the truth- the best answer is... "we only change the fluids mostly...they require little maintenance when serviced properly....

Id be interested in hearing the loggers feedback for sure..