592XP info and a surprise

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will wait for the teething issues to get resolved. Every new saw has them. I been burned by both Stihl when I tried the new at the time ms441, and a 661c. Then burned by Husqvarna with 2 562xp's when they were plagued with bogging and hot start issues..
If I didn't rely on saws for food, I would pull the trigger and take a chance.

A year later and your apprehension may be well founded.
Seems like they're working some bugs out.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

vrex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welp, I could use some pointers on debugging a 592. I bought mine in june of '22. Runs of 24 or 36" tsumura bar. DOM April 2022. Not a daily use saw at the tree service, its for my own personal sidework, and sometimes I throw it on the truck if I know we're gonna need multiple big saws on a tree job at the tree service. By August of '22, the protective collar around the oil adjustment bolt broke, and oil just flowed out of the control bolt. Took it to a shop and they replaced it under warranty. New oiler didnt oil for *s-word, my bar was changing colors along the rails so i hung it up and took it back to the shop. They did something something and called it good. Seemed to oil, i mean oil now leaves the tank and the chain is oiled-ish. Bought a 36" tsumura bar around July of 2023 for a 5' Sugar Maple take down. Big fat sucker at the base with maybe a foot of taper over 15'. Whole lotta wood. Got my notch in, start the back cut and the bar is smoking, the chain is derailing. Tension is right where it needs to be, brand new chain. Hung the f-er up and grabbed the 395 with a 32" bar to get the tree on the ground. Cant figure out this oiling situation. I've ordered a new pump, might mod it for flow, waiting on a clutch tool to pull it apart, seal up the o rings with some RTV. I've read about worm gears slicing oil lines, ill check all that. The OTHER debug is that my saw has no power at WOT under load. As in, free revving it sings just fine. Put 1' of bar in, she cuts and holds power. Bury the bar and it has no power.

Coil is tight and gapped. Changed the spark plug. air filter is clean. Pulled the muffler, no scoring on the exhaust side of the piston, some grey ghost streaks along the intake side of cylinder wall, nothing that will catch a toothpick. The Fuel vent line that comes out the side of the tank and into the carb box popped off, i plugged that in but notice a whistling sound. If i crimp over the vent on the tank side it goes away. Bad vent? how do i clean it, outside in or inside out? does the vent even impact fuel flow while running? thought it was just EPA crap. I have a new fuel filter, purge bulb hose and fuel line on the way. I cant understand how the saw would rev fine out of the wood then fall on its face under load. I tried 5 minutes of idle then ran it down a log with the tip buried to tune it in. only mod was removing the spark screen. Ideas?

Edit: this should have been in the other thread and ill repost it there, sorry mods

Last edited: