Who's running 592s and 585s?

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im not a big fan of removing the decomp , if the manufacturer decided that it was a good idea to put there then I won't assume that I know better.
Biggest reason for removing them is their proneness to leaking. The 500 series do have kinda weak starter on them. On ported ones with higher compression and timing advanced are kinda hard on the starter without the decomp. At least that’s my experience

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
9:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Biggest reason for removing them is their proneness to leaking. The 500 series do have kinda weak starter on them. On ported ones with higher compression and timing advanced are kinda hard on the starter without the decomp. At least that’s my experience
All true

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks so much to everyone who responded. Certainly gives me some ideas. Hopefully it'll become as easy to restart hot as it was for Dominick when he had it. Great saw, just gotta spend some more time with it. Thanks again, Steve.
I have no issues with mine hot. And it starts easy without decomp, though I use it due to an arm injury. Actually in their haste when I picked the saw up the dealer wanted to start it, no one else had one they wanted to be first🤦🏻, he didn’t push the decomp and it let him know😂 but I’ve never had an issue with or without it, in saying that I don’t see the point not using it for it so easy to start and this has to be better on the start gear. Question- have you tuned it??👍

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I just don't know if I'm getting the leaky decomps that are causing any issues? I mean if they have obvious damage like a bent shaft they get canned.
I've even used a bunch of used ones that were pretty packed with gunk, I soak them in awsome for a few days and clean them out with silicone spray.
Ive lapped one or 2 with valve lapping compound.
Idk maybe I am getting leaks and don't know it?

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I just don't know if I'm getting the leaky decomps that are causing any issues? I mean if they have obvious damage like a bent shaft they get canned.
I've even used a bunch of used ones that were pretty packed with gunk, I soak them in awsome for a few days and clean them out with silicone spray.
Ive lapped one or 2 with valve lapping compound.
Idk maybe I am getting leaks and don't know it?
An autotune saw is capable of masking small air leaks🤷🏼‍♂️

Woodwater

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
An autotune saw is capable of masking small air leaks🤷🏼‍♂️

I think thats a myth. I have had 3 Autotune Saws here that have air leaks and non of them was running well. No constant idle, they going up and down also kills them selves. and with noone of them i was able to cut wood.

ZERO

Simple Life
GoldMember
Local time
3:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Crockadized 592 plus a 36" bar plus square chain from @huskihl or @Squareground3691 and a 7 year old dry as a bone 40" ash ... hmmm ... sucks that my back is not in the greatest of shapes.

Wondering for those that have the restart problems, do you let your saw idle a bit longer to give AT time to callibrate correctly on the low jet.

This helped me with the earlier gens of ATs.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tried anything different with em or like what you're doing? My first one was awesome.
There isn’t too much else that can be done with them in my mind. The first one I did I raised the exhaust a few ° and it wanted to run about 12.2 in the wood with a 12.5 limiter. Annoying unless you were always on the dogs. They run like Husky’s version of the early 462 and need to be calmed down, in my mind.

The 585 on the other hand, works a little bit better with the exhaust raised up

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There isn’t too much else that can be done with them in my mind. The first one I did I raised the exhaust a few ° and it wanted to run about 12.2 in the wood with a 12.5 limiter. Annoying unless you were always on the dogs. They run like Husky’s version of the early 462 and need to be calmed down, in my mind.

The 585 on the other hand, works a little bit better with the exhaust raised up
They seem pretty hot to trot out the gate.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my opinion. I know I don’t have the background to work on the saws. But the D cop, a lot because that’s compression. But give me a 36 inch bar and some square ground chain and it works.