Who's running 592s and 585s?

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
some one should measure vacuum readings inside top cover.
does the air injection keep up with air demand or would extra holes help or hurt.
I think @Crocky28 did the foam Red Beard filter , and frogzskins cutouts , maybe he can chime in on the subject.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even if the fw supplies X amount of air and the motor requires 2X worth of air, it’s still a wide open hole to the recoil cover along with various gaps here and there. I don’t see it being an issue. But added air from frogskins certainly won’t hurt either

Colonel 428

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody running a 592xp got anything to recommend as a fool proof way to restart the saw when it's hot? I've got a MMWS one I bought from @TreeLife and it's a bi**h to start after I've been running it and let it sit for more than 10 minutes. I just don't have the process figured out...yet.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody running a 592xp got anything to recommend as a fool proof way to restart the saw when it's hot? I've got a MMWS one I bought from @TreeLife and it's a bi**h to start after I've been running it and let it sit for more than 10 minutes. I just don't have the process figured out...yet.
Yeah, just pull it over. Don't try to choke it, don't try to hot start it like an older 5 series, just pull it over.

That's all I ever did, it always started awesome hot or cold.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, just pull it over. Don't try to choke it, don't try to hot start it like an older 5 series, just pull it over.

That's all I ever did, it always started awesome hot or cold.
Yup , do it to mine no issues.

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody running a 592xp got anything to recommend as a fool proof way to restart the saw when it's hot? I've got a MMWS one I bought from @TreeLife and it's a bi**h to start after I've been running it and let it sit for more than 10 minutes. I just don't have the process figured out...yet
This is how I hot start all my 5 series saws . I push the decomp in, choke it, pump the priming bulb about 5 times, push the choke lever to the fast idle position and pull .

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is how I hot start all my 5 series saws . I push the decomp in, choke it, pump the priming bulb about 5 times, push the choke lever to the fast idle position and pull .
Yeah don't do that with a 592. They designed them to be started the way i described. After the saw was started and run I could typically put it down for 10-15 minutes and not have to do anything more than pull it twice at most to start it.

Literally the best starting saw I've ever owned out of the probably 60 I've had. If it wasn't started and running from cold with 3 pulls, number 4 got her going.