592XP info and a surprise

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
8:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We also need to understand that state requirements by law in British Columbia(and most other places in Canada where they log) only allow full wraps for use in logging or forestry. It is considered a safety feature/requirement. BC has a rather unique no fault insurance system for workplaces. Part of it was due to the state regulating safety heavily.
It is easier for Husqvarna and Stihl to put a full wrap on nearly everything headed to the PNW than split the markets between Oregon, Washington, Northern California and British Columbia. Besides, most fallers in the PNW appreciate the advantage a full wrap gives, and have been using them for quite some time.

66668-4cf7c2d68b3eb5958e77712a1ccc8631.jpg
Yep, exactly what I deal with here in Idaho, any state, blm or federal land cut units require the use of full wrap handles or face fines

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The chain is actually pretty aggressive. I tried boring with it and went as far as I wanted with chatter and kickback. It was fresh of the grinder on the saw before it. 55/25 on the grinder and .028” rakers
Yes I wasn't accusing you of having a blunt chain because I knew you wouldn't . LOL

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, exactly what I deal with here in Idaho, any state, blm or federal land cut units require the use of full wrap handles or face fines
Wow I learned something new about Idaho from being on the East Coast you don’t always know what goes on the West Coast

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Lots of red maple around here but very little sugar maple. Sugar maple more common in the mountains than the coast here in Va. Sugar Maple is also called hard maple and its easy to understand why. Was much more common tree up in NY than it is here. I dont have a single one growing on my property bunch of red maples though. I plan to plant 2 legacy sugar maples on my property this spring beautiful trees especially in the fall. I thought that 592 looked good in the video. Like to see it ran alongside a 661 in the same wood. Do they have a big break in to get to full power? How much run time on that one?

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Excited and hopeful for the 592xp. Faces stiff competition from the ms661 and it has big shoes to fill if they drop the 395 which was to me more of a throwback to the big bar 100cc specialty saws. I will be sad to see the 395 go

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of red maple around here but very little sugar maple. Sugar maple more common in the mountains than the coast here in Va. Sugar Maple is also called hard maple and its easy to understand why. Was much more common tree up in NY than it is here. I dont have a single one growing on my property bunch of red maples though. I plan to plant 2 legacy sugar maples on my property this spring beautiful trees especially in the fall. I thought that 592 looked good in the video. Like to see it ran alongside a 661 in the same wood. Do they have a big break in to get to full power? How much run time on that one?
I’ve got a ported 661 with quite a bit of time on it. I’m planning on running them together when I’m done. The 592 was new. Those are it’s first and only cuts. It still won’t be broke in yet when I’m done with it though.

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excited and hopeful for the 592xp. Faces stiff competition from the ms661 and it has big shoes to fill if they drop the 395 which was to me more of a throwback to the big bar 100cc specialty saws. I will be sad to see the 395 go
Better grab a new one from Spike60 then. I regret ever selling my original Mastermind 395 so I got me a new one last year and had him port it.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
4:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
We also need to understand that state requirements by law in British Columbia(and most other places in Canada where they log) only allow full wraps for use in logging or forestry. It is considered a safety feature/requirement. BC has a rather unique no fault insurance system for workplaces. Part of it was due to the state regulating safety heavily.
It is easier for Husqvarna and Stihl to put a full wrap on nearly everything headed to the PNW than split the markets between Oregon, Washington, Northern California and British Columbia. Besides, most fallers in the PNW appreciate the advantage a full wrap gives, and have been using them for quite some time.

66668-4cf7c2d68b3eb5958e77712a1ccc8631.jpg
A Lot of the West coast and a large Interior wet belt of BC that drops into north Idaho and NW Montana; you can only make the fall from one side of the tree due to the steep 'topo'. You need a full wrap to do the job much easier in sizable wood.
Dogs are more designed to cut on the pull as dogs are needed with big wood due to the lesser aggression of each cutter, as well...AND...

Everybody in said terrain used wrap handles as industry standards before the new Faller's Training Standards of BC in 2005.

They were designed for the purpose and not for the 'law'. Most dry belt interior Fallers that did not need to use a wrap but were long displaced before said date. Certified Utility Arborists still can use a half wrap.

Me, I don't live in BC anymore so I already beat the 'law'. Then time showed me how to beat the 'purpose''

You never really killed a snake, did you?..lolz

*If a person is cutting in 'ground' that needs a wrap then they should be using a wrap. Not to worry about this old hypocrite.

Last edited: