Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
7:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you run it stock yet?

It’s raining here. And the stock clutch cover won’t even clear a 9 pin. I’m going to have to cut back this plastic bumper.

152c47acb987eae45e577096c7ec63c6.jpg

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice sir. You going to run a short bar on it?
I just assumed you would test run it in stock form using 7 or 8 pin rim. 28" bar or something along those lines. 3/8 or. 404. I wasn't even thinking short bar. Just me. Lol
Carry on...

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice sir. You going to run a short bar on it?
I just assumed you would test run it in stock form using 7 or 8 pin rim. 28" bar or something along those lines. 3/8 or. 404. I wasn't even thinking short bar. Just me. Lol
Carry on...

I don’t have any large test wood so I’ll run a large sprocket to load the saw heavily.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
12:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
^^^ Firstly it would depend on if I liked the saw. (Nothing to do with bolt-on's) Then it would depend on where you are using it and what exactly for,, No! As to say, I may not buy a heated model just because it's -40. There are many more things to factor in.
Junk!!!!!! Ain't got a full wrap on er

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^^^ Firstly it would depend on if I liked the saw. (Nothing to do with bolt-on's) Then it would depend on where you are using it and what exactly for,, No! As to say, I may not buy a heated model just because it's -40. There are many more things to factor in.
Wrap Handles definitely have their place and their time .

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It’s raining here. And the stock clutch cover won’t even clear a 9 pin. I’m going to have to cut back this plastic bumper.

152c47acb987eae45e577096c7ec63c6.jpg
'Plastic'.. you talkin' about the ruber flap? Pull it out for a test. Makes for a cool Rooster-tail.

It's for better sideways balance!
Now not to be confused with balance from the side, of course. Husqvarna couldn't always get that right from each handle. No, it's for flipping the chain back into the lower bottom rails on derails from the outside. Figured that trick out?..from either side.

You going to port that baby up, Shaun? Obviously, eh

~WBF

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wrap Handles definitely have their place and their time .
Yeah, it's in there at the right weight to be a Faller's saw in places.. Especially these days with the light weigh bars. Mostly it will be a stump saw or a mill saw. I couldn't imagine using it in Europe enough to ever justify it as a sometimes-falling- saw, never mind with a wrap. Not every situation can you avoid the back-bar position when falling with a wrap handle.

Last edited:

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, it's in there at the right weight to be a Faller's saw in places.. Especially these days with the light weigh bars. Mostly it will be a stump saw or a mill saw. I couldn't imagine using it in Europe enough to ever justify it as a sometimes-falling- saw, never mind with a wrap. Not every situation can you avoid the back-bar position when falling with a wrap handle.

We also need to understand that state requirements by law in British Columbia(and most other places in Canada where they log) only allow full wraps for use in logging or forestry. It is considered a safety feature/requirement. BC has a rather unique no fault insurance system for workplaces. Part of it was due to the state regulating safety heavily.
It is easier for Husqvarna and Stihl to put a full wrap on nearly everything headed to the PNW than split the markets between Oregon, Washington, Northern California and British Columbia. Besides, most fallers in the PNW appreciate the advantage a full wrap gives, and have been using them for quite some time.

66668-4cf7c2d68b3eb5958e77712a1ccc8631.jpg

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We also need to understand that state requirements by law in British Columbia(and most other places in Canada where they log) only allow full wraps for use in logging or forestry. It is considered a safety feature/requirement. BC has a rather unique no fault insurance system for workplaces. Part of it was due to the state regulating safety heavily.
It is easier for Husqvarna and Stihl to put a full wrap on nearly everything headed to the PNW than split the markets between Oregon, Washington, Northern California and British Columbia. Besides, most fallers in the PNW appreciate the advantage a full wrap gives, and have been using them for quite some time.

66668-4cf7c2d68b3eb5958e77712a1ccc8631.jpg
That’s interesting I did not know that because I’m from the southern states but thanks for the heads up