592XP info and a surprise

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We also need to understand that state requirements by law in British Columbia(and most other places in Canada where they log) only allow full wraps for use in logging or forestry. It is considered a safety feature/requirement. BC has a rather unique no fault insurance system for workplaces. Part of it was due to the state regulating safety heavily.
It is easier for Husqvarna and Stihl to put a full wrap on nearly everything headed to the PNW than split the markets between Oregon, Washington, Northern California and British Columbia. Besides, most fallers in the PNW appreciate the advantage a full wrap gives, and have been using them for quite some time.

66668-4cf7c2d68b3eb5958e77712a1ccc8631.jpg
I like that McCullough in your picture looks very well kept they both do

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You’ll probably have yours ported before I do though. You can have the worlds first fully ported 592 in the USA

I doubt it... I have a lot of projects going on right now. I probably won't get to tear it down for another week or two. I think it's little brother the 585 might show up on my bench soon.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Sugar maple is some of the hardest wood in North America. Although it’s not nearly as hard on the Janka scale as some of the other hardwoods around the world, really big sugar maple tends to have curly, twisted, wavy grain which makes most chain and saws look pretty slow. In short the saw looks pretty stout for what Kevin is cutting.

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sugar maple is some of the hardest wood in North America. Although it’s not nearly as hard on the Janka scale as some of the other hardwoods around the world, really big sugar maple tends to have curly, twisted, wavy grain which makes most chain and saws look pretty slow. In short the saw looks pretty stout for what Kevin is cutting.
Ok thanks for that. I thought it must have been by the size of chip coming off the chain .

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok thanks for that. I thought it must have been by the size of chip coming off the chain .
The chain is actually pretty aggressive. I tried boring with it and went as far as I wanted with chatter and kickback. It was fresh off the grinder on the saw before it. 55/25 on the grinder and .028” rakers

Last edited: