592XP info and a surprise

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I understand it it doesn’t purge. It’s meant to prime the fuel injection system so you can actually start it.
It doesn't purge vapor lock for a hot start? Kinda the same thing: purge vapor to prime the injector right? Their video made it look like it was for vapor locked hot starts from what I remember, but I still prime it on a cold start.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
It doesn't purge vapor lock for a hot start? Kinda the same thing: purge vapor to prime the injector right? Their video made it look like it was for vapor locked hot starts from what I remember, but I still prime it on a cold start.

The stihl vid I watched seemed to indicate it was to prime the fuel injection system for any start because there is no battery to do so before the engine starts running. But that was a long time ago so I could be mistaken.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The stihl vid I watched seemed to indicate it was to prime the fuel injection system for any start because there is no battery to do so before the engine starts running. But that was a long time ago so I could be mistaken.
It does. One line that goes to the injector. It doesn’t purge air from the system.

Most of the folks I know don’t use the primer bubble. They start in 5-6 pulls

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds a lot like the 500i

Fancy fuel injection and it can't purge itself.
The 500i is probably for a separate discussion, as the fuel injection needs priming, not purging, to start quickly. There is no carb with a diaphragm like most saws including MT and AT saws and the fuel return line is also unique to the 500i. It dumps unused fuel back into the tank during rapid deceleration, etc. My bet is this tends to also let primed fuel return to the tank when the saw is shutdown for quite a while. I could be wrong, but that’s just how I understood it.

On the AT and MT saws priming makes sense because they are all strato saws and priming ensures gas and lubricant are where they need to be when you pull the cord. Those air pumps work no matter what and there’s no lube in the air. Again, that’s just my thoughts and I could be off base.

Side note: the 592xp I ran started and stayed running on the first pull after sitting over night without running...primed, of course.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I don’t think it’s so much hate as it’s just another point of failure/extra maintenance item. For some of us who use saws on a daily basis it’s not if but when it ends up being a real pain to deal with it at the most inconvenient time. Like losing that forkin 10mm socket!

I’d really rather pull the recoil a few extra times than have to take time out of a busy work day to replace a failed primer bulb. YMMV

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my opinion the 500 I is an over priced Saw
That drinks a lot of gas
And has a lot more plastic on it
I will take a 460 any day
Please remember that’s only my opinion not to get anybody upset
They sure drink a lot of gas , I'm still trying to get my head around the advantage of fuel injection on a 2 stroke . A 4 stroke yes absolutely the fuel is put into the top of the cylinder but a 2 stroke still has to go through the crank etc however it's puts in . Maybe I'm just a bit dumb but seems a bit of a gimmick

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about this for a surprise: Was checking my backorder page a couple days ago. My 585/592 order was gone. Heart skipped a beat and I shout "Holy &*$# they shipped!". Let's get the tracking number and find out what day they were going to show up. Can't find it. Can't find an invoice. What's going on? Entered my PO number. "Order not found". Turns out they just went in and deleted those orders. Not a big deal since they aren't going to ship any of them until Jan 10. And it's better for me to put them on the Spring order. But what a tease that was. Bastards!

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
11:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm truly curious to see how they feel in hand, and compare to both the 390xp and 395xp in both running and handling characteristics. I'm not scared of the primer/purge bulb, but I'm not a production guy either, just a 10-20 cord/year weekend hack. But especially cutting Hedge, once I set the 562xp or 262MMWS down, I'm generally reaching for a 90cc saw. If it feels like a bigger 562xp or 572xp, I'm in, and thank god for the side tensioner, and inboard clutch, for easy adjustment, and rim changes. I do wonder in that video, aside from the chain and technique critiques mentioned earlier, how broken in that saw was. If it was brand new, that would also explain a lot, as I bet that's a 12-16 tank saw before everything fully seats, grooves in, and really makes power.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
5:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
They are all in stock in the UK. I Checked on line about a month ago and they weren't up on my local shop site. The shop down the road here is About £300 less than one shop and about £100 less than what they started selling the 572 for when they showed up. A lot of the pro Husky saws have dropped about £300.
Maybe it's because we can't get fuel...lol. No, Husqvarna prices dropped here some time ago.

Will have to go down tomorrow and fondle it up.

Last edited: