592XP info and a surprise

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It has a few common parts from the 390xp. Clutch, drum, and recoil. Not sure if the oil pump is a direct swap I didn’t get that far. Big end of the rod looked a little beefier.

the air filter let a few fines by in the tank of fuel we put through it. It may need a light film of grease around the lip. Ala HD2. Saw performed very well. This is a hot start saw. It does get heat soaked after several minutes. Fast idle start IS necessary. That’s about all I got.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last thing. Saw went back with the rep. We should have a loaner/demo in a week or two. Honestly for a brand hammer new saw out of the box it’s a strong saw. Timing is advanced to the edge. We ran it with a 28” bar and all I heard was popcorn. I did make an attempt to hook it up to the diagnostic tool and it couldn’t recognize it.

Flip

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you're a fan of the 5 series husky's, you can see a lot improvements and tweaks in those pictures. There's an insane amount of tweaks on those cylinder pics.
Might have to get one just to tear it apart.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interested in why you think that? 661’s have em and are really liked by lots here on the coast.

The 661 I rebuilt didn't have crank stuffers, and it was a fairly late model (production code December, 2019).

It did have the funny-looking thing for directing the charge up into the cylinder, like the 461.

thinair

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking the flange that goes up inside the piston, my bad.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking the flange that goes up inside the piston, my bad.
Crank stuffers are on the crank counter weights and it effectively is a “full circle crank”. Not having them shifts the powerband a little lower in rpm where a 90cc saw needs to be. Especially milling or with a long bar in hardwood.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could be wrong, but in theory stuffers should always be better right? Port timing can be adjusted to provide the power curve you want.
Definitely. The smaller the case, the more charge gets pushed up. Move the power band down with the port heights

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mmmmm them transfers are big and need feeding, having a bit more case volume could be good for torque. What a sexy saw. Finally Tsumura have taken light weight bars seriously and made one thats actually light. It's a real bonus not having to spend a couple of hundred on a bar when buying a new saw. Stihl got their light bars right, looks like Husky has too. I hope that Purdy Tsumura bar will be sold in Stihl mount. I wonder whether the boss will include the 592 in Huskies latest 20% off sale.