Who's running 592s and 585s?

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I'm the guy who bought Dominick's (@TreeLife) MMWS 592xp. It's a sweet saw for sure. I had a Rattler ported 390xp before buying this and liked it. It had an unlimited coil and would really generate chain speed but I definitely wished it had more torque. I never felt like I had it tuned "just right" to get the most out of it. The 592xp is a different animal. Definitely more bottom end torque and I don't have to worry about tuning it. I know she's giving me all she's got. I'm still learning the saw and what it likes, especially on restarts. One thing with the 592 is that I've had to take the rakers down a lot lower to keep the saw from bouncing off the rev limiter all the time.
I ran mine with a chain that the death, gauges, are extremely low on, and did not care

Last edited:

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I'm the guy who bought Dominick's (@TreeLife) MMWS 592xp. It's a sweet saw for sure. I had a Rattler ported 390xp before buying this and liked it. It had an unlimited coil and would really generate chain speed but I definitely wished it had more torque. I never felt like I had it tuned "just right" to get the most out of it. The 592xp is a different animal. Definitely more bottom end torque and I don't have to worry about tuning it. I know she's giving me all she's got. I'm still learning the saw and what it likes, especially on restarts. One thing with the 592 is that I've had to take the rakers down a lot lower to keep the saw from bouncing off the rev limiter all the time.
They like a 8 tooth sprocket

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does changing the sprocket effect the pitch of chain needed or can I run the same 3/8 setup for bars and chains?
No, an 8 pin sprocket is a drive sprocket that is greater in diameter, but not pitch. All you should have to do is retension your bar and chain setup.

Colonel 428

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can run the exact same set up
So I'm looking for an 8 tooth sprocket, 3/8 pitch. Any recommendations? Is it difficult to swap it out with the 7 tooth that's on it now?

calcutta250

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took two mild strokes off the rakers on a stock EXL chain for a 28” bar. The 592 has an 8 pin on it and after taking the metal off the rakers I thought I screwed up. Nope. It pulled it hard and with authority.

It really is a powerful saw in all the right places.
I still love my ported 4910 though. Lol.

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea, the full wraps kits , have a lot better dogs for sure .
That they do, downside of full wrap kit is that when ripping it can choke which I feel is a caused by a few things - factory std alloy chain catcher, wrap handle, the extra rubber on wrap handle and the extra chain catcher. I never had a clogged or choked cover with stock dogs and cover(that is the one with captive nuts) But I highly recommend a full wrap handle, especially if you carry any injuries. Stay sharp n skip along happily 👍

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dog it in hard early and it will cut on torque, give it some space for a few seconds and come in hard a little later and it will cut with higher revs, 1000+ throw a tacho on it for half a tank and you will come to know its ways💪

257roberts

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That they do, downside of full wrap kit is that when ripping it can choke which I feel is a caused by a few things - factory std alloy chain catcher, wrap handle, the extra rubber on wrap handle and the extra chain catcher. I never had a clogged or choked cover with stock dogs and cover(that is the one with captive nuts) But I highly recommend a full wrap handle, especially if you carry any injuries. Stay sharp n skip along happily 👍
You don't remove the stock metal chain catcher one when adding the one in the full wrap kit?