Who's running 592s and 585s?

bradb123

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not sure on everyone’s oil problem with them. Mines oils quite well, if it used anymore it’d be out before it runs out of fuel. The 572 carb box is less congested and easier to work on. I’ve had a 28-42” on it and it handles them all fine. I run a 32” with an 8T predominately. I really like the saw overall, I’ve never liked running a 394/395 all that much and for everyday cutting I’d choose the 592 every time over a 395 or 390, and 661’s don’t trip my trigger all that much either
I totally agree with everything you said Mike . The 572/592 saws are so smooth to run ! I've been a heavy duty mechanic for the last 30 years . My circulation in my fingers is poor . I run 3/4'' and 1'' impacts on tracked machines such as dozers and excavators . Vibration is a big deal for me ! The 572/592s are so easy on the hands .

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I totally agree with everything you said Mike . The 572/592 saws are so smooth to run ! I've been a heavy duty mechanic for the last 30 years . My circulation in my fingers is poor . I run 3/4'' and 1'' impacts on tracked machines such as dozers and excavators . Vibration is a big deal for me ! The 572/592s are so easy on the hands .
My hands are in much the same shape, if I run a Sawzall or push mower my hands are numb afterwards. To me all the Spring AV saws are pretty smooth, but the new husky saws are silky.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me too, I’ve been a mechanic my whole life and my hands and arms can sure tell if the AV is worth a *s-word! Probably why I never liked Stihl’s and really like 500 series Husky’s

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still like a good 390xp. Am I crazy to buy a 585 over a 592??? I kinda like the idea of the simplicity of a carb and being able to repair yourself easy. But less than $100 difference between the 2??? Hmm. Crazy I am maybe.
Give you a heads up my 592 in my hands feels like the 390 same feeling.
And it has good power to weight ratio

Last edited:

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not sure on everyone’s oil problem with them. Mines oils quite well, if it used anymore it’d be out before it runs out of fuel. The 572 carb box is less congested and easier to work on. I’ve had a 28-42” on it and it handles them all fine. I run a 32” with an 8T predominately. I really like the saw overall, I’ve never liked running a 394/395 all that much and for everyday cutting I’d choose the 592 every time over a 395 or 390, and 661’s don’t trip my trigger all that much either
I had a 42 on mine it oiled well too. I did get a chance to hook it up to the Husqvarna software. And I did have a computer issue with the carburetor Solenoid have to replace it I believe. The mechanic is waiting on husky to get back to him.
I’ve complained about some issues with starting with it and that is why.

Last edited:

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a 42 on mine it oiled well too. I did get a chance to hook it up to the Husqvarna software. And I did have a computer issue with the carburetor Solenoid have to replace it I believe. The mechanic is waiting on husky to get back to him.
How was it behaving?

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How was it behaving?
Good example is it sat for one month. It took me over 15 poles to get it started. My 572 same thing sat for that long time. It only talk 4 pulls 2 pop after pop I reset the choke and two pulls to start.
And it was the same back in cold temperatures it would take so many more pulls to get it to fire over.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I should get mine hooked up once and see, when I first got it, it’d start 2 pulls no matter what. But here lately it’s a little more finicky. My 572 has started the same since day 1.

Matt Schmitt

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got a 572 that’s kinda funky to start will pop off no problem but takes 1-6 more pulls to fire and stay running. I actually thought it was a fuel line as the primer bulb didn’t seem like a lot of resistance but maybe it’s similar issue. It’s the only autotune I’ve ever had that has this start issue, the others are always 2-4 pulls no matter how long they’ve sat.

Last edited:

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got a 572 that’s kinda funky to start will pop off no problem but takes 1-6 more pulls to fire and stay running. I actually thought it was a fuel line as the primer bulb didn’t seem like a lot of resistance but maybe it’s similar issue. It’s the only autotune I’ve ever had that has this start issue the others are always 2-4 pulls no matter how long they’ve sat.
My suggestion is. It will not hurt to get it hooked up to the computer. I have four auto tune saws. And a 592 was behaving totally different. I was kind of glad to hear that the Saw had a problem. Age of technology. Now I don’t seem so crazy to myself.