huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
8:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably more on the part of those Gorillas that stripped the holes over tightening the plugs with a full-on grip fist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Either that or they got installed loose. Gasket eventually loosened up then they started rattling loose

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right now it’s the 462 for me. Smaller and more nimble than the 044/460/461 and MT. These days, I cut from 40-70* and having a saw always in tune without needing to play with anything is priceless. Removes one more worry from my OCD mind.

I’d say 90% of my cutting is now done with a 261 and 462. Just fill, start, cut. No fiddling.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right now it’s the 462 for me. Smaller and more nimble than the 044/460/461 and MT. These days, I cut from 40-70* and having a saw always in tune without needing to play with anything is priceless. Removes one more worry from my OCD mind.

I’d say 90% of my cutting is now done with a 261 and 462. Just fill, start, cut. No fiddling.
I'd have to agree, without a doubt, those two saws are one heck of a two saw attack

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I totally agree with Doc, those are my two favorite go to saws also, and for the same reasons.

Light, smooth, fast, powerful, M Tron and clean air filter tech just make them the perfect 2 saw combo.

I only break out my other saws for milling, really big stuff, or to just play!

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mitch done got me sold on the 7310. Can’t wait to get one.

A 14.9 lb power head that dynos less than 5.4 Hp stock, compared to a 462 that is 13.2 lbs and dynos over 6.5 Hp stock …

I hope you enj0y it, but I'll keep my 462s!

That said, the Echo does seem to be very well made and durable, and is a great deal for the money, and I'm sure some easy mods will increase the power.

But I don't just buck firewood all day, I do a lot of limbing of the trees I drop, so powerhead weight is important to me. (Plus, I'm not getting any younger).

Different saws for different reasons.

StihlThe1

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got the 572XP, I haven't had the chance to run it yet. Lost all my pro saws (and home) in the wildfire a couple months ago so along with finding an MS361 for $300 on CL with little use and grabbing this new 572
on the sale I'm back in business to address the burned out trees on my property. Insurance company sent an arborist from Idaho to value the lost timber on my property on Monday, reimbursing me per tree up to a limit.
My lot is only 1.33 acre but some serious large timber on it.

I just watched a Youtube video of some loggers in Asia (Korea I believe) all the subtitles, etc are in a foreign language but they are doing some really good comparison cuts with the MS462 vs 572XP. Just wanted to mention that here in case it had't been linked on this topic. I can find it again if there is interest and see if I can post it.

I had just watched Guillaume's great video in the 70cc Echo topic of the 7310 vs 572 vs ported 7900...this other
video came up next.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got the 572XP, I haven't had the chance to run it yet. Lost all my pro saws (and home) in the wildfire a couple months ago so along with finding an MS361 for $300 on CL with little use and grabbing this new 572
on the sale I'm back in business to address the burned out trees on my property. Insurance company sent an arborist from Idaho to value the lost timber on my property on Monday, reimbursing me per tree up to a limit.
My lot is only 1.33 acre but some serious large timber on it.

I just watched a Youtube video of some loggers in Asia (Korea I believe) all the subtitles, etc are in a foreign language but they are doing some really good comparison cuts with the MS462 vs 572XP. Just wanted to mention that here in case it had't been linked on this topic. I can find it again if there is interest and see if I can post it.

I had just watched Guillaume's great video in the 70cc Echo topic of the 7310 vs 572 vs ported 7900...this other
video came up next.
That sucks about the fire.
@Spike60 and many others
Are liking the 572s