User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd buy a 372 lowtop off of nightrouge
And leave it a lowtop
Maybe throw a zoo city topend on it
If I wanted too.
I have no desire to modernize
That 20+ year old design will cut anything I'll ever need to cut.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
10:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really thought the 084 was the desired saw here lol. I happen to know of a new in box one here locally that a guy could pick up for 2 oz of gold!!!!!!
I mean come on now, who wouldn't find a saw with a skeletonized connecting rod sexy.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree. I always felt like stihl had a tougher product, but that silly overengineered flip cap sucks lol

I hate the oil camp the most, I've never seen a daily stihl work saw that didn't need the oil tank flushed regularly. That *s-word packs up and falls in.

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
1:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
... I've never seen a daily stihl work saw that didn't need the oil tank flushed regularly. That *s-word packs up and falls in.
Oh, there's a fix for that. ;) First, pick up the saw with the bar to your left, then blow around the oil cap to clear the junk. Try not to get your nose lit up by the muffler. Remove the cap, take off your glove, and use your finger to wipe more junk off the cap and the inside of the tank rim. May be inconvenient in freezing weather, in which case, blow on your fingers until they turn back from gray and the pain becomes tolerable...

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, there's a fix for that. ;) First, pick up the saw with the bar to your left, then blow around the oil cap to clear the junk. Try not to get your nose lit up by the muffler. Remove the cap, take off your glove, and use your finger to wipe more junk off the cap and the inside of the tank rim. May be inconvenient in cold weather, in which case, blow on your fingers until they turn back from gray and the pain becomes tolerable...
I use a old tooth brush to clean around the oil cap before taking the cap off.
Works great.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use a old tooth brush to clean around the oil cap before taking the cap off.
Works great.
Same here, and I use the handle to clean out chips or whatever in around the chain sprocket after a fill of oil.

Reactions: Lnk

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
12:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, there's a fix for that. ;) First, pick up the saw with the bar to your left, then blow around the oil cap to clear the junk. Try not to get your nose lit up by the muffler. Remove the cap, take off your glove, and use your finger to wipe more junk off the cap and the inside of the tank rim. May be inconvenient in freezing weather, in which case, blow on your fingers until they turn back from gray and the pain becomes tolerable...
I wipe my saw out with my finger all the time - it’s not cold when the saw is working all day ;)