Wilhelm

I'm here for the sick'n twisted company
GoldMember
Local time
2:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wilhelm - if you can equip your mill with an inverter and vary the speed you will have much greater control over the finished particle size. Too low of RPM and the hammers (beaters) and pins will begin to wear from rocking.

Mark
It is a very simplistic mill, basically a steel fan swirling the grains against the mesh till it smashes to small enough pieces to pass through the meshes holes.

The previous OEM meshes held up for years, then a couple more years after my dad fixed sections that wore through.
My new custom made ones are twice as thick, they should withstand the tooth of time quite well.

Unwanted inclusions like pebbles, stones, or steel pieces are the culprits of excessive early mesh wear.
The rpm seems OK.

damifino

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spent my lunch making this motorcycle out of nuts, bolts and other bits I had laying around .
I love it! Yes it is simple in ways. But you let your own mind get creative and think outside the box, no plans or blue print, just you wing'n it. We all need to tap into are own artistic creativity and not worry about disapproval and let the world see.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bucked up a 2+ year old tan oak log deck. Many of the smaller logs were buried underneath the bigger logs going towards the fir/downhill. Lots of sweeping and scraping. Rolled the rounds over to my buddy who was splitting them and tossing them in our trucks, then delivered to our little old lady friend/client. I've been doing her firewood for the last 5-6 years since her husband died.

IMG_1646 (1).jpg

More than halfway through, didnt get any finished-photos:
20240730_131059.jpg20240730_131047.jpg

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is a cal fire incident but I haven't seen a single 462 yet..... so far i've seen
6 372xps
3 461's
2 500i's
1 362

one guy brought in a 461 yesterday that looked beautiful, like barely used. they couldn't get the E clip off on sprocket. I started looking at it and realized that one of them had tried to cut chaps with it. the fiber had bound under the sprocket washer so tight I ended up cutting off the E clip with a dremel!
Wow…6 372’s? Hopefully not all catastrophic failures and just stupid stuff…like chap material bound up under a sprocket washer lol.

Last edited:

Vintage Engine Repairs

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love it! Yes it is simple in ways. But you let your own mind get creative and think outside the box, no plans or blue print, just you wing'n it. We all need to tap into are own artistic creativity and not worry about disapproval and let the world see.
thanks mate I really appreciate it! Like we all do, I just have a box of bolts and scrap lol

Nate.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow…6 372’s? Hopefully not all catastrophic failures and just stupid stuff…like chap material bound up under a sprocket washer lol.
3 scored top ends, one had a plug wire grounding out and 2 just needed a little carb tweak to idle better….. actually 7 total, one more had a broken trigger interlock.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks mate! What’s apes though? lol
apes are the handlebars. when tue handlebars are really long and go above the riders shoulder. when you ride it looks like an ape hanging on a tree......apes is short for ape hangers

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time