- Yato vacum/pressure tester pump

- bunch of aftermarket Hva 353 cylinder kits
- 2 c3-el32 copies
- 150$ worth of 357 and 346xp intake system parts
- 46mm Farmertech cylinder kit for my Hva 51
- bunch of 340 - - - > 353 adapting parts
- gasket kits for 346xp-353

Very, very close to buy 200A tig welder

Today I made parts for 320cm x 75cm table to my workshop. Also bought parts for 8 pcs of 230VAC 16A power outlets.
Compressor with 50L reservoir is waiting in the garage.
Handheld 2stage compressor will take its place.

This tinkering with chainsaws is getting serious. Thinking about different ways to build cheap diy dyno for chainsaws is very very appealing way to fall asleep.
Now it looks like it could be rpm sensor, loadcell, torsion arm, hydraulic pump as brake, 2 channel datalogger for data acquisition kind of thing. Actual horsepower would then be calculated in a spreadsheet program.

WCfirewoodguy

OPE Member
Local time
6:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After burning up and melting 2 clutch covers with chainbrakes, I bought this modded muffler off ebay. It's for a early model husqvarna 51 or 55 and also works on the 55 rancher I think, basically he said he designed it because of "melting chain brakes" Also opens things up a bit, it's not too radical and I have not mounted it to the saw yet. If you google muffler mod husqvarna 55 (or any other popular saw) it will get you to the Ebay page most likely. An OEM muffler costs 100$ roughly (brand new) and an OEM Chainbrake/Clutch Cover is about 75$, that's more than I paid for the whole saw but I think the chainbrake had already melted off when I bought it used, and I went through 2 more, think they were aftermarket covers.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 2

WCfirewoodguy

OPE Member
Local time
6:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got a tachometer so I can set the idle screws and max rpm's, see where everything's at, etc... Numerous suppliers for this PET-304 tach. I have a 372 with a brand new OEM case, brand new P/C, original carb. Don't want to mess that one up, next up is probably a pressure tester of some kind, I do have a vacuum bleeder MityVac but it has no gauge on it.

I probably could have bought a brand new chainsaw by this time! Have to learn the hard way I suppose. I like the old Husqvarna's I guess.

This will be my chainsaw before picture... Melted parts and missing bar nuts, missing hand brake, etc. That's a new bar and chain anyways! Kindof looks as if the original muffler was leaking at the seams and melted the top cover as well as the handbrake... Have not pulled the old muffler yet until I get the new muffler gasket in the mail.

IMG_20240324_152543160.jpg

Attachments

• tach.JPG
    tach.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 2

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got a tachometer so I can set the idle screws and max rpm's, see where everything's at, etc... Numerous suppliers for this PET-304 tach. I have a 372 with a brand new OEM case, brand new P/C, original carb. Don't want to mess that one up, next up is probably a pressure tester of some kind, I do have a vacuum bleeder MityVac but it has no gauge on it.

I probably could have bought a brand new chainsaw by this time! Have to learn the hard way I suppose. I like the old Husqvarna's I guess.

This will be my chainsaw before picture... Melted parts and missing bar nuts, missing hand brake, etc. That's a new bar and chain anyways! Kindof looks as if the original muffler was leaking at the seams and melted the top cover as well as the handbrake... Have not pulled the old muffler yet until I get the new muffler gasket in the mail.

View attachment 413945
How much does a tachometer like this cost? Do you have a link?

Bill G

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Frontier PG11 pallet fork grapple. Rather excited about this little guy. Bolts onto pallet forks and I can pick up logs and cut them without bending over 😁
View attachment 413935
Damn ...chicken business must be good!

On a side note did you get those 41" boxes before Menards went ape poop crazy jacking the price up on them?