XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
3:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's a few orange saws in a row...
I got the 288 tuned and the chain is perfect.
The 576 is on the first run after the build several months ago. It's sounding like it is just a bit over-advanced on the ignition.
Good running saws Jim! The 288 and 390 seemed to be about even. And of course the 394 has that grunt that just doesn't let the chain stop. Nice video man. I'd be curious to see how the 576 stacks up with a little less timing, still looked strong.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
12:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Good running saws Jim! The 288 and 390 seemed to be about even. And of course the 394 has that grunt that just doesn't let the chain stop. Nice video man. I'd be curious to see how the 576 stacks up with a little less timing, still looked strong.
I feel like the 288 is the strongest one of the group. I put the same load on all three of the larger saws and the 288 is the only one that didn't slow the slightest bit. I don't think that's too shabby considering it still needs to get through break in to reach peak power.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel like the 288 is the strongest one of the group. I put the same load on all three of the larger saws and the 288 is the only one that didn't slow the slightest bit. I don't think that's too shabby considering it still needs to get through break in to reach peak power.
It did sound good, can't wait to get mine put together:). But I'm gonna leave it stock for a while so I can get a feel for it before I grind on the cylinder. Might do a MM and gasket delete right away though.

Bluefish

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Here's a few orange saws in a row, all running same bar and chain.
I got the 288 tuned and the chain is perfect.
The 576 is on the first run after the build several months ago. It's sounding like it is just a bit over-advanced on the ignition.
That video was big fun. All three of those larger saws were beefy as hell. Good work and thanks for sharing...

Russ