High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Huztl MS440 crank centering

msmmce1

Active OPE Member
Local time
9:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I believe I would split the case (knowing what I've learned) buy the Stihl PTO bearing and reassemble the case.
Look over a few of the build threads if need be to see what OEM parts need to be swapped insure reliability. Just my 2 pennies.
And I think I can get any good quality 6202 C3 for the flywheel side

msmmce1

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It is...and for a reason. If the cage comes apart plastic bits are much easier on the rest of the saw.
Do you know of a source for the pto bearing other than the dealer? Preferably online? Thanks

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl OEM parts are not allowed to be sold online. That being said...some people do sell online but they have purchased at a dealer and are reselling. If your dealer is decent, they will smoke online every time.

My local dealers struggle... aka they gouge. Send @definitve dave a message.

Last edited:

msmmce1

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stihl OEM parts are not allowed to be sold online. That being said...some people do sell online but they have purchased at a dealer and are reselling. If your dealer is decent, they will smoke online every time.

My local dealers struggle... aka they gouge. Send @definitve dave a message.
My local dealer has to order the bearing, approx $23.00, wonder if it will say made in China?

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My local dealer has to order the bearing, approx $23.00, wonder if it will say made in China?
Doubtful but even of they are...it's held to a much higher QC level.

Fun fact...Mahle jugs are cast in China. Why are they still worth the money? The QC is held very tight....lots of rejects.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The plastic cage is easily popped out with a pick and discarded, if that is your preference, i’m not sure t matters one way or the other , but they do come with a plastic cage