Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
10:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking good Ed.

Only thing I do differently is i trim the tabs off the red limiters and reinstall. Makes for easier tuning with the screwdriver that way.

Your muffler. That hole is big and may burn your new brake handle. I‘ll see if I can find a pic of how I do em.

I have a bunch of brake flags, but unsure what’s what with the 1128. Whats the 460 brake handle PN?

Did you remember to install the grommet over the coil wires and into the case pass through after you pulled them through? I always forget and have to take it apart again.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
9:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking good Ed.

Only thing I do differently is i trim the tabs off the red limiters and reinstall. Makes for easier tuning with the screwdriver that way.

Your muffler. That hole is big and may burn your new brake handle. I‘ll see if I can find a pic of how I do em.

I have a bunch of brake flags, but unsure what’s what with the 1128. Whats the 460 brake handle PN?

Did you remember to install the grommet over the coil wires and into the case pass through after you pulled them through? I always forget and have to take it apart again.

I did install the wire grommet.
Now that you say it, I even think I took a pic of it but must have missed it in posting.

Never thought of melting the brake handle....
I can modify/install a deflector to make that not happen.

Also, good call on the limiters...maybe I'll put them back in with the tabs trimmed.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
10:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did install the wire grommet.
Now that you say it, I even think I took a pic of it but must have missed it in posting.

Never thought of melting the brake handle....
I can modify/install a deflector to make that not happen.

Also, good call on the limiters...maybe I'll put them back in with the tabs trimmed.
On some carbs the red caps will help them hold tune. I've left them off and had issues with the jets backing out.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On some carbs the red caps will help them hold tune. I've left them off and had issues with the jets backing out.
Then if you can't reuse the caps, you can slide a piece of Tygon fuel hose of the correct size around the jet screws, with the right hose, there will be a friction fit and they won't move around with vibrations

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
9:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If they are moving, they need new orings on em. If I can remember tomorrow, I'll get a size.

Great thread Ed. We need more of these.