High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Lets build a Husqvarna 262XP, SCARR style!

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
11:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found a brand new black, yellow mesh or I have a new OEM flocked filter.

The new husky flippy cap fits the fuel tanks on these. I wish there was a flippy cap for these small oil caps.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran into a snag when clearancing for the flywheel, I guess I'll be pulling it all back down to weld this hole shut and then I'll take some off the flywheel for clearance instead.

View attachment 370851
Ya loss some battles, but the war will be won. 👍

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
4:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm liking this thread Shaun. I have a rough but sound early '90 262. Gonna use this as a reference when I give it a looking over
Thanks for taking the time to document.

And in an upside-down world way, I got an oem outer for mine from your land. How I missed the ones from Terry down the island a bit at the time I'm not sure. 🙄😅

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took a break to research flippy caps but it seems there are only the 2 sizes, large and medium. No small flippy caps for this ridiculously small oil fill hole.

Now back at it... I've been wanting to try some new tungsten out on aluminum anyway. ;)

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took a break to research flippy caps but it seems there are only the 2 sizes, large and medium. No small flippy caps for this ridiculously small oil fill hole.

Now back at it... I've been wanting to try some new tungsten out on aluminum anyway. ;)
Srcarr(tm) billet flippies? Billies? Blippies?

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So if you ever have to tig weld these take a really cold pass to try to limit the amount of weld area, don't worry about over build. Then do a hot blend over that whole bit to drive it all home. This way you end up with no inclusions on the inside since we'll be grinding back the excess anyway.

IMG_4131.JPG

This should finish off on the inside without even the heat lip.

IMG_4132.JPG

Rich Fife

Sally slap my ass
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next I use one of the many Husqvarna crank tools to pull the flywheel side bearing in. I also heat the case some to make it easier. Once the cases are close enough I install the case bolts loosely to keep everything lined up and keep the gasket in place.

View attachment 370224

Usually with the crank puller there is no need to tap the crank to free up the bearings, if you used the bolts to pull the case together you'll need to hit the PTO side crank snout to loosen the bearings a bit.
I LIKE that tool!!!