High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husky 162/272--Jonny 630/670 project thread.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
6:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As far as aftermarket parts go, the song remains the same, take your chances deal. The one part I've been really digging is the FarmerTec clutch that can be had from HLSupply. They have the C style springs and are very smooth over the old warn originals. I believe a new clutch from Husqvarna is the same style if you want OEM in this respect.
Some stuff that Bruce is helping us out on is going to be very welcome like the HD 272 filter that I tried the prototype out on. And I believe he is working on another sorely needed part 266 top covers. These will be welcome additions to keeping these old timers running like new.

KYsawman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
As far as aftermarket parts go, the song remains the same, take your chances deal. The one part I've been really digging is the FarmerTec clutch that can be had from HLSupply. They have the C style springs and are very smooth over the old warn originals. I believe a new clutch from Husqvarna is the same style if you want OEM in this respect.
Some stuff that Bruce is helping us out on is going to be very welcome like the HD 272 filter that I tried the prototype out on. And I believe he is working on another sorely needed part 266 top covers. These will be welcome additions to keeping these old timers running like new.
The top cover for the two piece ignition saws are rare as hens teeth, I would love to have a good aftermarket source. The early muffler is tough to find also, the latest ones just melt the original top cover because they are taller and then you need a new top cover. Back to problem one...

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The top cover for the two piece ignition saws are rare as hens teeth, I would love to have a good aftermarket source. The early muffler is tough to find also, the latest ones just melt the original top cover because they are taller and then you need a new top cover. Back to problem one...

Believe it or not Husqvarna's answer to the muffler was to use one for a 51/55.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He could do it with a northerner accent.

Which Northern accent would you like to hear? Us Yankees don't all sound alike ya know. No more than you sound like a guy from Texas. :)

My natural upstate NY one? The annoying Long Island/NYC accent? How about a Boston/New England accent; one of the best IMO. Boston is a cool city; like everything but the "Red Sawx". There's the Philly accent, the upper mid-west thing from Wisconsin/Minnesota. Chicago has it's own sound too. Lot's to pick from. It's actually kind of cool how many there are all over the place.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Which Northern accent would you like to hear? Us Yankees don't all sound alike ya know. No more than you sound like a guy from Texas. :)

My natural upstate NY one? The annoying Long Island/NYC accent? How about a Boston/New England accent; one of the best IMO. Boston is a cool city; like everything but the "Red Sawx". There's the Philly accent, the upper mid-west thing from Wisconsin/Minnesota. Chicago has it's own sound too. Lot's to pick from. It's actually kind of cool how many there are all over the place.

You take Wisconsin away from Minnie Soda, we don't have the same sound. Closer to Michigander's than anything der eh.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Believe it or not Husqvarna's answer to the muffler was to use one for a 51/55.

Never knew that one. Have you tried this yet? I just checked the gaskets and they match. But what about hardware cause the 55 studs obviously cannot be used. The original double threaded studs are still available, but are they the correct length for the 55/254 muffler? Would 254 muff bolts work? This will be a fun little experiment.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never knew that one. Have you tried this yet? I just checked the gaskets and they match. But what about hardware cause the 55 studs obviously cannot be used. The original double threaded studs are still available, but are they the correct length for the 55/254 muffler? Would 254 muff bolts work? This will be a fun little experiment.

I just read it in an update from Husqvarna.
Haven't tried it other than to eyeball one up to say ya, that should work. Have one 61 muffler left as I run out will be forced to find out.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

British

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Johnmn
What was your rubber to spring mount
Conversion?

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the 67cc cylinders...
The 66 is an open port average cylinder.
The 266 is closed port Mahle, small Double D combustion chamber with smaller than average ports, very high compression.
The 268 is a open port made by Gillardoni and very well made at that, make lots of torque.
The 268XP is a closed port usually a Mahle with a large circular combustion chamber and average size ports.
The 670 is a closed port (KS?) and has a large circular combustion chamber with the largest ports of all them.

The 66 is like the 61's bigger brother and like the 61 a very solid saw.
The 268 and 268XP are the easiest and best of this bunch to get parts for and keep running.
The 266 is the lil hot rod of the group and the most different, and as long as its intake block is good, an excellent saw. An open windowed 268 replacement piston either OEM or Meteor wakes these saws up even more over the old style full circle windowed piston.
The 670 can really let it all hang out as long as its intake boot holds up. They were the Champ for sure. Otherwise very similar to the 268 in construction with a nicer carburetor than its orange cousins.

Anything you can think of to add to this @Spike60 ?