High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husky 162/272--Jonny 630/670 project thread.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any you guys have a good carb?this carb is wacky.i already put a new kit in it.the high side runs either way to rich or to lean.thats hardly moving the screw.mines a HS224

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I don't know a lot about carbs but I would look at the tip of the high side screw and see if it's been flattened out.

brad ruch

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about carbs but I would look at the tip of the high side screw and see if it's been flattened out.
I'll take a look.i did notice someone did something to the L side screw.cause it's slightly bent.weird that ones seems to work fine

brad ruch

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
All I can say is be careful what ya buy.i kind of got burned on this saw.im gonna be over 400 bucks in this thing by the time I work the bugs out if it.[emoji34]

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just looked through my ebay purchases and that's the same seller that I bought mine from.

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you get it running?
Yes, runs really good. But Kevin is worried that the compression will cause the crankshaft to fail prematurely (he was aiming for 230psi) so I'm sending the cylinder back to him today so he can re-shape the combustion chamber.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, runs really good. But Kevin is worried that the compression will cause the crankshaft to fail prematurely (he was aiming for 230psi) so I'm sending the cylinder back to him today so he can re-shape the combustion chamber.
Try a couple compression gauges before you do that
They can vary wildly.

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try a couple compression gauges before you do that
They can vary wildly.
I thought about that, but I tried the tester on my stock 661c which doesn't have a base gasket, and it's absolutely spot on with what they are known to be stock (plus 10 or so Psi for the lack of a base gasket)

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Xs Kevin?
I have talked to him a bunch we often build pretty similarly. A 670 I am doing now is a touch over 200. Some 266 did have much smaller chambers though.
When you check the compression do you check after you run it. If it has been sitting a while residual oil can pool in the cylinder and alter the reading.

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Xs Kevin?
I have talked to him a bunch we often build pretty similarly. A 670 I am doing now is a touch over 200. Some 266 did have much smaller chambers though.
When you check the compression do you check after you run it. If it has been sitting a while residual oil can pool in the cylinder and alter the reading.
Yep, Kevin @huskihl , and if you look at the pic in post # 9 here: https://opeforum.com/threads/box-of-extra-special-sausages-from-ej-michigan-has-just-arrived.21351/ you will see that the combustion chamber is TINY. Sorry, I'd upload a pic here but I'm continually getting errors, no matter how small the file is!

The compression was tested the same day I first ran the saw, after I had let it thoroughly cool. Running it on 91 E Free with 40:1 Dominator mix.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, Kevin @huskihl , and if you look at the pic in post # 9 here: https://opeforum.com/threads/box-of-extra-special-sausages-from-ej-michigan-has-just-arrived.21351/ you will see that the combustion chamber is TINY. Sorry, I'd upload a pic here but I'm continually getting errors, no matter how small the file is!

The compression was tested the same day I first ran the saw, after I had let it thoroughly cool. Running it on 91 E Free with 40:1 Dominator mix.
I figured the mountains in NZ were a little more mountainous lol.

It’ll be alright in the morning....:)

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh yeah that’s the se jug. I was trying to help but should have known you were in good hands with Kevin

markds2

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh yeah that’s the se jug. I was trying to help but should have known you were in good hands with Kevin
I'm in excellent hands David, and can't speak highly enough of him, he's managed to good-naturedly put up with my extreme enthusiasm and almost daily messages, and that's saying something. Thanks again Kevin :)

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How does it run. I don't have any of mine built with the 272 top end.