Dominant saw V4 371 build

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
11:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My personal opinion on the matter of rings, I think the seal is more related to ring tension. That 1.5 thick husky factory ring has way way way more tension than the wiseco 1mm ring

dominantsaw

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
hey, Forrest, I am sorry your V4 pistons isn't working out. Many of them have, unfortunately, I, Bill, don't have the technical expertise to assist you. Wellman was an excellent parts designer, but he got burned out on saws and technical correspondence, and left Dominant to move into a new career. Some of the saws he built were just animals. Now, Dominant is simply selling the remaining stock and wondering how the company should continue. Probably the best way is for someone who is an expert, to buy the brand, our inventory, and customer list and keep the program going. Serious inquiries can be directed to submit@dominantsaw.com
Our address is:
Dominant Saw
30 Bright St
Burlington VT 05401

Thanks,
Bill

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
hey, Forrest, I am sorry your V4 pistons isn't working out. Many of them have, unfortunately, I, Bill, don't have the technical expertise to assist you. Wellman was an excellent parts designer, but he got burned out on saws and technical correspondence, and left Dominant to move into a new career. Some of the saws he built were just animals. Now, Dominant is simply selling the remaining stock and wondering how the company should continue. Probably the best way is for someone who is an expert, to buy the brand, our inventory, and customer list and keep the program going. Serious inquiries can be directed to submit@dominantsaw.com
Our address is:
Dominant Saw
30 Bright St
Burlington VT 05401

Thanks,
Bill
@Definitive Dave
A guy can dream can’t he?

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our address is:
Dominant Saw
30 Bright St
Burlington VT 05401

Thanks,
Bill
Thanks for coming in here to offer an explanation. Much appreciated

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
11:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our address is:
Dominant Saw
30 Bright St
Burlington VT 05401

Thanks,
Bill
Talk about depressing to read, about as bad as being told a guy has brain cancer. Im just in a horrible state of mind laitily, my health, friends dying and now i have exposed this issue and feel really bad. Deleted my facebook account, this is my only outlet now.
I hope all partys involved here can build a prosperous living in these rough times.
I cant really afford to keep the piston that i cant use, but at the same time my morales tell my not to kick the guy while he is down.....hey I reciently asked god to get relief from people kicking me while im down so would that make me a hippocrite for returning the piston? Sorry to post this here, just lost and confused anymore

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Talk about depressing to read, about as bad as being told a guy has brain cancer. Im just in a horrible state of mind laitily, my health, friends dying and now i have exposed this issue and feel really bad. Deleted my facebook account, this is my only outlet now.
I hope all partys involved here can build a prosperous living in these rough times.
I cant really afford to keep the piston that i cant use, but at the same time my morales tell my not to kick the guy while he is down.....hey I reciently asked god to get relief from people kicking me while im down so would that make me a hippocrite for returning the piston? Sorry to post this here, just lost and confused anymore
You’re never alone man, don’t isolate yourself. Life has a way of kicking us in the teeth at times but the storm always ends. I have no idea what you’re going through and it’s really none of my business, but I hope you find a way through. I’ve been to some pretty dark places in my life and help was often so close to me that I over looked it. If you ever want to talk give me a call 315-214-9977.

Josh

And in my opinion returning the piston wouldn’t make you a hypocrite. Ask yourself this...if you unknowingly sold someone on here a bad part wouldn’t you want to make it right? My wager would be yes, regardless of the situation you might be in.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You’re never alone man, don’t isolate yourself. Life has a way of kicking us in the teeth at times but the storm always ends. I have no idea what you’re going through and it’s really none of my business, but I hope you find a way through. I’ve been to some pretty dark places in my life and help was often so close to me that I over looked it. If you ever want to talk give me a call 315-214-9977.

Josh

And in my opinion returning the piston wouldn’t make you a hypocrite. Ask yourself this...if you unknowingly sold someone on here a bad part wouldn’t you want to make it right? My wager would be yes, regardless of the situation you might be in.

very well said. Agree 100%

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like OP is normally quite able to do this kind of thing on his own but at the moment dealing with some health issues that prevent that.
I’d be happy to donate labor to fit whichever piston he wants to run in the saw and porting as well (his choice).
It would be nice to have a real ripper ready to go when his health comes back.