Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
If I was the main man at Husqvarna, I would be livid over these issues.
The only thing the ceo of Husqvarna cares about is his massive bonus and whether his new corporate jet has fine Italian calf skin leather or not.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On my 592 the muffler bolt hole cover screw was on so tight I instantly stripped the head out. No big deal, out comes the drill, the screw was so freaking tight while I was drilling, the head of the screw popped off and shot across the room. The threads then unscrewed by hand. The handles screw would not budge, a bit of heat from my large soldering iron and they finly broke free. The spark plug? Nearly needed a breaker bar to get the damn thing out. Oh and who's oil pump leaks like the Exxon Valdez? Mine does!

I'm pretty much finished with Husqvarna as a brand, every single saw I've had in the past ten years has had something not quite right. Be it nasty fit or finnish, something not function quite right, or totally DOA.

With all that, plus some shady business practices, I can see why dealers are dropping like flies.
Nope mine don’t, I haven’t seen any of those fit and finish issues with any I’ve boughten which include: 3-2260’s,2-2253’s, 2-572’s, and the 592. I must be lucky I guess. To be honest with all the news I’ve boughten have been trouble free. I’ve run into some basket cases on used ones though. Trying to straighten out a 2253 which is actually a 52 by ol Terry Landrum. He put a 53 decal on and a home made serial plate then sold to the guy as a 53. The guy says the saw has never idled since he got it from him

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope mine don’t, I haven’t seen any of those fit and finish issues with any I’ve boughten which include: 3-2260’s,2-2253’s, 2-572’s, and the 592. I must be lucky I guess. To be honest with all the news I’ve boughten have been trouble free. I’ve run into some basket cases on used ones though. Trying to straighten out a 2253 which is actually a 52 by ol Terry Landrum. He put a 53 decal on and a home made serial plate then sold to the guy as a 53. The guy says the saw has never idled since he got it from him
The only issue I've had with a 3 series out of the box, was a bad coil on a 395, the saw would run but not shut off. All good on ground and the switch tested good, new coil and away she went.

For myself, dealing with the 5 series has gotten to the point where I expect something and I just have to laugh. In the back of my mind I truly wonder where these things are actually being assembled.🤔

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only issue I've had with a 3 series out of the box, was a bad coil on a 395, the saw would run but not shut off. All good on ground and the switch tested good, new coil and away she went.

For myself, dealing with the 5 series has gotten to the point where I expect something and I just have to laugh. In the back of my mind I truly wonder where these things are actually being assembled.🤔

Wuhan.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
8:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I think he eventually admitted that the whole "Rich, Corinthian Leather" thing was made up. He and a few staffers had gone out for
drinks and were thinking of selling points for the Ads. He wanted to have something exotic for the sales pitch and Corinthian Leather
was born.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think he eventually admitted that the whole "Rich, Corinthian Leather" thing was made up. He and a few staffers had gone out for
drinks and were thinking of selling points for the Ads. He wanted to have something exotic for the sales pitch and Corinthian Leather
was born.

Well that MFER !!!!

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On my 592 the muffler bolt hole cover screw was on so tight I instantly stripped the head out. No big deal, out comes the drill, the screw was so freaking tight while I was drilling, the head of the screw popped off and shot across the room. The threads then unscrewed by hand. The handles screw would not budge, a bit of heat from my large soldering iron and they finly broke free. The spark plug? Nearly needed a breaker bar to get the damn thing out. Oh and who's oil pump leaks like the Exxon Valdez? Mine does!

I'm pretty much finished with Husqvarna as a brand, every single saw I've had in the past ten years has had something not quite right. Be it nasty fit or finnish, something not function quite right, or totally DOA.

With all that, plus some shady business practices, I can see why dealers are dropping like flies.
Had the screw on the cover , do the exact same thing , other than that no other complaints.

Woodwater

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One thing i recogniced on the 5 series; They are sucking lot of Wooddust to the Airfilter and when you use the Airsieve's (Black and Yellow) than you have a problem. The 3 series don't do this soooooo much.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
was born.

Were you ever on Jeopardy ?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
8:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Were you ever on Jeopardy ?
I heard he was repeatedly denied a spot due to "excessive use of cargo pants".

I tried to get Ken Jennings on Tinychat but he blocked me. I was going to show him Ed's 460 thread and how I glued a cracked Pioneer
P-26 air filter cover. :para:

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You might want to message @Duke Thieroff about the oil leak. Just happened to be in his shop when he was addressing the same issue on a recently purchased 592. I'll leave it at this for now. I'm sure he will share with you @andyshine77.