592XP Oddness

Steven1210

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm uk based and looking for a 592xpg wrap kit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, and help me source one?

Steve

Steven1210

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes. Most places in the UK seem to be out of stock at the moment though. I think I have a couple there, I'd need to check.
Hi Crocky I have been chatting with Dave, and was going to drop you a line about the 592😁

Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys, I'm uk based and looking for a 592xpg wrap kit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, and help me source one?

Steve
I'd also like to know if there's anywhere has these in stock. I've been asked for them a couple of times.

J.Noss

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, today we pulled a carb, coil, and wiring harness from another new saw after test running it to be sure it was good to go. In the process of pulling that saw down Jonathon found this.

View attachment 368062View attachment 368063

Pieces of the muffler gasket were literally everywhere. WTF?
Did you (or anyone else at all) find out exactly what the heck happened to that muffler gasket? That's just freaky! And now I'm really wondering cause I can see what looks to be those little flakes of metal on my 592!
But I did just have Joe port it, and he would have had the muffler off, so if there was an issue with that then I figure he'd have fixed or mentioned it... just seeing this after seeing what looked awful similar to those flakes got me a little freaked.. expensive saw to have that junk work it's way into the combustion chamber and wreak havoc on the piston and cylinder..
this has gotta be among the strangest thing I've ever seen

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you (or anyone else at all) find out exactly what the heck happened to that muffler gasket? That's just freaky! And now I'm really wondering cause I can see what looks to be those little flakes of metal on my 592!
But I did just have Joe port it, and he would have had the muffler off, so if there was an issue with that then I figure he'd have fixed or mentioned it... just seeing this after seeing what looked awful similar to those flakes got me a little freaked.. expensive saw to have that junk work it's way into the combustion chamber and wreak havoc on the piston and cylinder..
this has gotta be among the strangest thing I've ever seen
Never did. Was really some strange stuff on these.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been a while, But I noticed a few exhaust and head gaskets that seemed flakey that way.
Gaskets were for various equipment/engine makers, mowers, saws, trimmers etc.
Can't remember for certain But seemed like they smelled a lil different.
(yeah, I really am the sort who'da sniffed a gasket that seemed "odd" and was packed separate in the kit.)

Kinda reminded me of Mica or a really flakey multi-layerd pie crust.
Usually feel a little slick like graphite....hmmm.
Almost as if they're made like chip-board, but out of whatever material has been chosen.
Did a bonding agent not get applied dead right ?
Manufacturing dust still on material or something?
Or is something flaking into thinner layers?
No one had an answer other than sending new ones and hope for different results.

( just had steroids in the knees again guys. I sorta trigger a bit "analytical" and verbose from them. sorry )