592XP Oddness

Steven1210

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spoke to my dealer, and they are sending me a label to ship it to them so they can look at it, and claim under warranty.

With the age of it, it would have been nice for a straight swap!

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spoke to my dealer, and they are sending me a label to ship it to them so they can look at it, and claim under warranty.

With the age of it, it would have been nice for a straight swap!
I sure hope you get the problem solved quickly and the first time around, especially when you have ship it somewhere else, without being able to drive to a dealer,

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So overall, today what is the current rating on the 592? 1-10 1.being the worst saw ever built. 10 being the best. I've yet to run one. Or run into a local with one
So I'm blind on this one. Absolutely love the 572 though.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So overall, today what is the current rating on the 592? 1-10 1.being the worst saw ever built. 10 being the best. I've yet to run one. Or run into a local with one
So I'm blind on this one. Absolutely love the 572 though.
You’ll never get a straight answer on that. Anyone who hasn’t had issues will love them and give them a 10. Anyone with constant issues is going to give it a 1

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You’ll never get a straight answer on that. Anyone who hasn’t had issues will love them and give them a 10. Anyone with constant issues is going to give it a 1
I would agree to that. Just wondering general consensus. And I guess if there will be a bunch of people with issues, as long as they are not being Stihl biased, and giving it a fair shake. Then I would not buy the saw personally. Goes for any of them any brand for me.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have less overall confidence in the 5 series Husqvarna that pretty much any saw out there. Does that mean I think they are crap? No......not at all. When they are working as they should, they are fantastic saws. My grandson loves his 562.....and I use it quite a lot myself. The trouble is that Husqvarna's QC is terrible. If you are lucky, and get a saw that was built correctly, then in most cases, you have a saw you'll love. If you get a dud though......you'll hate it.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have less overall confidence in the 5 series Husqvarna that pretty much any saw out there. Does that mean I think they are crap? No......not at all. When they are working as they should, they are fantastic saws. My grandson loves his 562.....and I use it quite a lot myself. The trouble is that Husqvarna's QC is terrible. If you are lucky, and get a saw that was built correctly, then in most cases, you have a saw you'll love. If you get a dud though......you'll hate it.
Thanks for feedback Amigo..and your wealth of knowledge is known and respected. If you had to pick one 5 series husky as the most dependable model, is there one you have in mind?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for feedback Amigo..and your wealth of knowledge is known and respected. If you had to pick one 5 series husky as the most dependable model, is there one you have in mind?
The 572 is usually very trouble free. The latest version of the 562 is as well.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 572 is usually very trouble free. The latest version of the 562 is as well.
Awesome good to hear. That one from Steve Stumpshot has been a dream. Overall new saw wise between the 5 series huskies, and new Stihl stuff. I'm still limited on my mechanical knowledge. Vs 372, 460-461 395 Era stuff. That's mostly what I've worked on. Glad for guys here and my local saw shop. Honestly most my working on saw days are over. Unless it's something basic. Due to lack of time because I'm cutting daily, also lack of knowledge on the electronics of today. But always good to hear and learn from you guys. As dependability is one of my main concerns with a saw.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Apart from QC, would you say Husqvarna saws have a better fit and finish than Stihl? Comparing a 362 with a 550mkII I found the 550 to have better trimmed gaskets, nicer seems, and good functionality compared to the 362. Husqvarna just needs to use anti-sieze threadlocker. I have a new T525 sitting in the box because I couldn't take it apart without breaking tools or using a stripped screw extractor, and it wasn't worth ordering the then hard to find replacement screws.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can give you something of a non bias opinion, as the saws given to us are purchased by the state.
I've used a 592xp and its what should be expected of a saw of that cc , the power band is very good and the ergonomics are very good. It's a bear to start when cold because of the compression and it was a faster cutter than my old stock 394xp.
My personal opinion is that it was a fine saw, but it didn't have the " well that changes my idea of chainsaws!" , like going from old magnesium solid mount saws to modern anti-vibe saws.
It wouldn't keep me away from a 395xp or 066 .

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Apart from QC, would you say Husqvarna saws have a better fit and finish than Stihl? Comparing a 362 with a 550mkII I found the 550 to have better trimmed gaskets, nicer seems, and good functionality compared to the 362. Husqvarna just needs to use anti-sieze threadlocker. I have a new T525 sitting in the box because I couldn't take it apart without breaking tools or using a stripped screw extractor, and it wasn't worth ordering the then hard to find replacement screws.
I don't see any better fit and finish on either one honestly. There are some things I believe Husqvarna does better though.

For instance... Timing numbers on the 5 series really hit dead on. The downward slant of the exhaust port.

Things they got wrong.... Mufflers. Torque specs on fasteners.

Steven1210

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, so the dealer has called me.

They plugged the saw into cst and did an update on the saw (dont know why they didnt run it first to see the issue) and ran it, and said was running as it should. Then started to say the saw has a limiter on it, and that it would kick in without being under load (duh!) when I tried to explain the symptoms were like someone cutting the ignition mid rev they said oh, erm, well, we are just waiting for the laptop to come back so we can plug it in again, but it seems to be running as it should......

This should be interesting when it comes back, but im not holding my breath.

asked for the cst reports as well.

Steve

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can give you something of a non bias opinion, as the saws given to us are purchased by the state.
I've used a 592xp and its what should be expected of a saw of that cc , the power band is very good and the ergonomics are very good. It's a bear to start when cold because of the compression and it was a faster cutter than my old stock 394xp.
My personal opinion is that it was a fine saw, but it didn't have the " well that changes my idea of chainsaws!" , like going from old magnesium solid mount saws to modern anti-vibe saws.
It wouldn't keep me away from a 395xp or 066 .

The 592 actually doesn't have a lot of compression. They are sort of lacking there at 150-155psi stock.

But they are hard to pull over so they must have starter pulley that is on the smaller side.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 592 actually doesn't have a lot of compression. They are sort of lacking there at 150-155psi stock.

But they are hard to pull over so they must have starter pulley that is on the smaller side.
Probably felt like alot more at the time to me.

Steven1210

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, another update

Dealer rang to say its running as should, and have connected it to the laptop.

Sent pics of CST

Dealer then contacted a guy, whom I have messaged a few times on arbtalk (uk forum), and is a husqvarna technical guy

Said guy has said order a coil, just incase.

New coil, and hopefully job done

Saw runtime was 3hours 7min