China 365 clone

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok my wife does love me she gave me my birthday present early because of bad weather and I don't want to use my clone 372xp right yet so she got me the clone 365 it is a open port version with the square intake manifold boot since I already had a 52mm big bore kit that I already ported and had on standby for the 372 I went ahead and put it on the 365 had to borrow the intake boot from the 372xp I just order another one when I buy a pop up piston for the big bore though I'd never say that but without base gasket the squish is right at .039-.040 yuck I haven't tried running it yet but will tomorrow I went ahead and did a compression test on it and it's putting out 140psi I'll check it again after I run it in if it jumps up to 170psi I'll leave it as is but if not a pop up piston will be going in like to see most of the saws I build to at least have 170-180psi some times more depending on what the saw is being used for I'm not going to be posting port timing numbers until I see what it got for power then I will share lol well ill share this much exhaust is 101 that's ok I would prefer 103- or-105 for using 32" guide bar and chain but anyway here's some pics ill post the picks of the timing after i run the saw . Oh almost forgot I did advanced the ignition timing 3/4 of the key. WE'LL SHALL SEE HOW THIS THING GOES.😆

Last edited:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok ran the saw just a tank of fuel just tuning and letting it idle then blipped throttle tuned it 13,600 without bar and chain surprisingly still 4 stroking pretty good at that RPM so here's the Port timing numbers pics to prove that I'm not trying to bull poo anyone yes I know I need to upgrade my timing wheel I've been using this one for many many and again many years building saws and car engines so I have a hard time putting it in retirement lol. The exhaust I already told you about but here's the transfers and intake timing numbers again this is without base gasket I did not do any porting to the upper transfers the squish is the only thing that I really really wish was tighter.

Last edited:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20240110_131148.jpg
Intake between 71 and 72

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20240110_125838.jpg
Transfer's are 125.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would post the video of the saw running but not sure what I have to do to transfer the video to here?

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would post the video of the saw running but not sure what I have to do to transfer the video to here?

You will have to upload the video to a hosting platform, like YouTube. Then copy the link and share it here.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did another compression test on the saw it's now 160psi so we'll see after another tank of fuel if it goes up anymore it does start really fast and easy my 372xp with .20 squish has 185psi compression compared to this 365 big bore with a whooping .38-.39 squish but I have to say with the way the port timing numbers and ignition timing advanced it wakes up instantly when blipping the throttle it's very responsive so do I leave it as it ? Or put a pop-up piston in it to get the compression that I want more compression means more torque but is the added weight of the pop-up piston going to be worth it because I do like how snappy this saw is.

dougie

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was afraid of that I don't do YouTube videos not my gig.
You can set the videos to not searchable, they would not show up in any one suggested videos as well as turn off commenting. That just turns it into a hosting platform. The only way to then see of find the video is if you share the link. I used to use it that way to share trouble shooting videos for the conveyor system at work and avoid issues with sharing proprietary company info on social media....

it is an option if you want

dw

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can set the videos to not searchable, they would not show up in any one suggested videos as well as turn off commenting. That just turns it into a hosting platform. The only way to then see of find the video is if you share the link. I used to use it that way to share trouble shooting videos for the conveyor system at work and avoid issues with sharing proprietary company info on social media....

it is an option if you want

dw
I'll have to make another video but I'll try to give it a go the weather here has been really bad not safe to be anywhere outside around the property lots of down trees and limbs so I'll be busy running the saw for dang sure and hopefully have running water again to. Lol

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20240128_160253.jpg
This thing definitely is impressive it's definitely making me realize that that not every saw and make of saw should be treated the same the way the port timing is and how horrible the squish is on this saw with the 52mm big bore on it I would have thought it would have been a dogging pig but it's not granted yeah I ported it but still just the squish alone you would think it would be a dog but it's not it's a chip throwing machine and yes I did advanced the ignition timing by a half a key but ether way if someone wants to try out my numbers you have my permission now I'm using a 24" bar and chain tomorrow the 28" is going on it so I'll let everyone know how that go I'm pretty sure it's going to be just as strong. 😉

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
FYI the Flippy cap on the oil tank sucks I'll have to see if anyone has a OEM part number for a OEM Flippy cap because the stems there threads are way to thin.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update it's ok with a 28" bar and chain but it needs more torque to go any bigger I'm going to put a pop up piston in it to see if there going to be much improvement compression is holding at 160psi five tanks of fuel through it. Now to figure out what pop up piston I go with anyone have a suggestion on which pop up piston to use id appreciate it I've never had to use one before.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
11:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The HyWays should be bolt on and quality is okay. Making your own would be lighter but would require dropping the jug.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
1:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update it's ok with a 28" bar and chain but it needs more torque to go any bigger I'm going to put a pop up piston in it to see if there going to be much improvement compression is holding at 160psi five tanks of fuel through it. Now to figure out what pop up piston I go with anyone have a suggestion on which pop up piston to use id appreciate it I've never had to use one before.
A pop up is probably the opposite of what you would want to do to gain torque. You need to get the exhaust down and the compression and transfers up

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Soooo. I got another 52mm piston for a big bore it's a two ring instead of the single ring that's in the saw now not sure if I'll use it but I'm going to pop the cylinder off and test my thoughts I was wondering if there would be by chance be a different compression hight of a different piston or not the big bore kit that's on the saw is a no brand cylinder but is a nice one I've had all sorts of big bore kits on many Stihl saws and this one was top notch compared to others so that being said the piston I got today when I ordered it it didn't say what brand it was but now I know lol here's some pics of the piston It's pretty heavy compared to the piston that's in the saw now I've seen a lot of pistons from this company and have used them as well but dang this thing is beefy.