jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
3:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never got into popping faces too much, but one really bad habit I had on straight-falling
jobs was sticking with the tree and trying to slick off the butt while it's tipping.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never got into popping faces too much, but one really bad habit I had on straight-falling
jobs was sticking with the tree and trying to slick off the butt while it's tipping.

It’s always fun to sit on that stump and lean back off to the side for the photo finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandyMac

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
you mean using to chain to push the undercut out?
works well with pine and smaller firs, did some big stuff with a geardrive, ended up walking backwards

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
you mean using to chain to push the undercut out?
works well with pine and smaller firs, did some big stuff with a geardrive, ended up walking backwards

Yeah or if your cut don’t meet perfectly you give the undercut a little upwards pop and then use the dawgs on the outside of the cut to push the face out.

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I pop them out with the dawgs if it is close.
My worst habit is packing saws in and out always looking for more power.
Pack it in, pack it out go home tear it apart do a few tweaks on it pack it back in lol

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I also pack saws around too much. I keep saying I’ll stop...Maybe this strip will help cure it, lol.
I tend to not have breakfast at home and get some lightbulb food on the way.
And I carry too much stuff in my backpack.(not excuses, @HYPERSAWS )

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also pack saws around too much. I keep saying I’ll stop...Maybe this strip will help cure it, lol.
I tend to not have breakfast at home and get some lightbulb food on the way.
And I carry too much stuff in my backpack.(not excuses, @HYPERSAWS )

That's a very bad habit. Some guys I cut with for a long time used to drink a thermos or more of coffee on the way up to the job - they'd be dry as a popcorn fart by 10am.

I saved my coffee drinking for after I was off the strip. I'd usually have a tuna or chicken salad sandwich on the way up to the job and energy bars out on the strip.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's a very bad habit. Some guys I cut with for a long time used to drink a thermos or more of coffee on the way up to the job - they'd be dry as a popcorn fart by 10am.

I saved my coffee drinking for after I was off the strip. I'd usually have a tuna or chicken salad sandwich on the way up to the job and energy bars out on the strip.
I’ve never been a coffee person, but enjoy energy drinks. (another bad habit) There is no shortage of snacks in my backpack at work, that’s for sure. I always have breakfast in some way. I get back in the habit of having breakfast at home when we don’t go by any stores in the morning, but fall out of it when going by a store. And my wife isn’t a morning person, so... I let her get her rest. 4 kids, she needs it.

Coltont

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never understood how some people in the logging and residential tree business run on nothing but a monster, a candy bar and a pack of cigarettes for a day :facepalm:.
I cut timber for a living,a basic days logging food is oatmeal at home,cup of coffee to go from home, lunch is some hummus and bread, yogurt in a Mason jar with blueberries and granola, an apple a banana and grapes. Maybe some other simple stuff, but it's always healthy. That fast food breakfast and crap like that mixed with to many beers after work will fatten you up. I dont care how hard you work.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I never understood how some people in the logging and residential tree business run on nothing but a monster, a candy bar and a pack of cigarettes for a day :facepalm:.

It’s mainly chew out here guilty of that habit, when Fire season rolls around smoking outdoors becomes illegal if you’re in any of the industrial woodlands fire districts.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chaps or in pant chaps or the euro style saw pants?

Normally a set of chaps use to wear the in pants style once in a blue if I wasn’t running equipment at all.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Chaps or in pant chaps or the euro style saw pants?

Normally a set of chaps use to wear the in pants style once in a blue if I wasn’t running equipment at all.

I usually wear inserts, but like outside chaps when it is really rainy. I’ve always wanted to try some actual chainsaw pants, but I have just stuck with the labonville inserts for the most part.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I used to not wear eye protection, but now I feel lost without it. The face screen has been great, and I don’t want to cut without some sort of eye protection.
And we use 2-way radios.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to not wear eye protection, but now I feel lost without it. The face screen has been great, and I don’t want to cut without some sort of eye protection.
And we use 2-way radios.

I can’t stand the screens or bug eyes it’s safety glasses or nothing it’s always fun trying to get a vet to wear safety glasses to cut, but some of the ground you wear them or you don’t work.