Tree jacks

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm no logger, feller, or such. But I use alot of rams//pumps in my. Line of work. You could get an SPX, Enerpac, or several other pumps. Manual long lever type one way with a gauge and be backpackable if needed. This style would have enough of a resovoir to supply a 50 ton ram. As far as rams go aluminum with alloy piston. That way it can be carried a distance. Bottle jacks as mentioned can't take an off vertical load very well. They are also steel and heavy to carry. Above mentioned set up should be cheaper than a custom. Also be sure to use 10,000 Psi rated hose, quick couplers, and strain reliefs over the hose ends. With the hose being quick coupled to the pump and ram again easier to pack in.

If you needed two of those Enerpac setups it’d cost more then what I paid for the dual setup with a shorter stroke then a tree jack. These new ones are 14.5k max pressure with up to six rams on one pump setup. I toyed with the idea of the Enerpac or similar for a while but still needed 1” or more aluminum plates to be made to fit the application for the seat in the stump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk