592XP Oddness

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You might want to message @Duke Thieroff about the oil leak. Just happened to be in his shop when he was addressing the same issue on a recently purchased 592. I'll leave it at this for now. I'm sure he will share with you @andyshine77.
@andyshine77

Worm gear sliced oil delivery line because it was sitting too proud in the case.

TeaKay

I'm here now !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh hey, I like stuff and things.

TeaKay

I'm here now !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, what's up with this weather? Making saws run funny and stuff?

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another oddity to reflect on. After making the band cut on a 560 cylinder and checking the squish clearance I noticed what my number should have been was off .005" on one side from the other. Come to find out the base was made off corner to corner .0075" from square, when machining the base. Good news when all said and done gave an equal measurement side to side and should make this particular saw run more gooderer from stock.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another oddity to reflect on. After making the band cut on a 560 cylinder and checking the squish clearance I noticed what my number should have been was off .005" on one side from the other. Come to find out the base was made off corner to corner .0075" from square, when machining the base. Good news when all said and done gave an equal measurement side to side and should make this particular saw run more gooderer from stock.

I rarely find any cylinders that are dead square at the base.....but when I do, they ain't ever on a 5 series Husqvarna.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I rarely find any cylinders that are dead square at the base.....but when I do, they ain't ever on a 5 series Husqvarna.

A thou or two isn't a big deal, won't even show up in the first cut. This one tried to throw me off and the first .005" cut did not clean up 1/4 of the way through towards one corner(long front corner).
I guess we are doing these saws a good service then by getting everything square to the bore.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A thou or two isn't a big deal, won't even show up in the first cut. This one tried to throw me off and the first .005" cut did not clean up 1/4 of the way through towards one corner(long front corner).
I guess we are doing these saws a good service then by getting everything square to the bore.
Be interesting to know the QC spec’s on them before assembly.

Skiptooth Fred

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday we were trying to figure out what was going on with a new 592XP we just ported. Saw ran...but poorly. Wouldn't idle well, chugged along then finally would die. Saw would rev up, but spit and sputter. Jonathon pulled the carb, intake, etc. Found nothing wrong.

So, today we pulled a carb, coil, and wiring harness from another new saw after test running it to be sure it was good to go. In the process of pulling that saw down Jonathon found this.

View attachment 368062View attachment 368063

Pieces of the muffler gasket were literally everywhere. WTF?

But....back to the troubled 592XP.

He installed the parts from the saw that was just ran onto the one that wouldn't run right. It fired up, then died. Popped a few more times, but wouldn't start.

At this point we decided that tearing it all the way back down was the thing to do. That's when he found this.

View attachment 368064View attachment 368065

Compared to one from the saw that was running well....

View attachment 368066

One thing I've noticed in more than a few Husqvarna saws....muffler bolts way too tight, and on more than one 592, spark plugs and decompression valves too tight. I had one a few months ago that took out the threads in the jug with the decomp.

Just thought I'd share.....
Interesting!! When I first pick up any new engine and in this case my 592, I always undo the spark plug at home, and I don’t know if it’s good or bad but put back in with some never seize, no good being out in the field and it’s too damn tight! I don’t know why they are done up so tight, mine was way too tight I thought it was going to break. Of late I had the threaded section inside the muffler(another post of warning to look for)that is for the spark arrester screw drop in the muffler, one muffler bolt was way to tight the other two ok, it was taken into a dealer whom removed it also to look inside. And now I have three super tight bolts🤦🏻T handle I don’t have and a simple Allen key style torx is looking to be insufficient now🤦🏻 Big fella big hands don’t make for easy work thereafter. I understand. I’ve never seen a plug do that before🤷🏻🤦🏻

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday we were trying to figure out what was going on with a new 592XP we just ported. Saw ran...but poorly. Wouldn't idle well, chugged along then finally would die. Saw would rev up, but spit and sputter. Jonathon pulled the carb, intake, etc. Found nothing wrong.

So, today we pulled a carb, coil, and wiring harness from another new saw after test running it to be sure it was good to go. In the process of pulling that saw down Jonathon found this.

View attachment 368062View attachment 368063

Pieces of the muffler gasket were literally everywhere. WTF?

But....back to the troubled 592XP.

He installed the parts from the saw that was just ran onto the one that wouldn't run right. It fired up, then died. Popped a few more times, but wouldn't start.

At this point we decided that tearing it all the way back down was the thing to do. That's when he found this.

View attachment 368064View attachment 368065

Compared to one from the saw that was running well....

View attachment 368066

One thing I've noticed in more than a few Husqvarna saws....muffler bolts way too tight, and on more than one 592, spark plugs and decompression valves too tight. I had one a few months ago that took out the threads in the jug with the decomp.

Just thought I'd share.....
Wow that's no good. Are they being assembled elsewhere?

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
that spark plug was probably put in with an air rachet tunning wide open with 100lbs of air. zzzzzzzz snap