Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
3:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats pretty nuts Randolph.

Do you think the threaded portion snapped when you first removed it to port the jug and it went unnoticed?

Are there “Made in Japan” markings on the broken one?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
2:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats pretty nuts Randolph.

Do you think the threaded portion snapped when you first removed it to port the jug and it went unnoticed?

Are there “Made in Japan” markings on the broken one?
Might have.

I'll check.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a 550mk2 and don't have a problem with it. Runs good. I guess I'm lucky huh?
smh-laugh.gif

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a 550mk2 and dont have a problem with it. Runs good. I guess I'm lucky huh?

Good morning Tom. I spoke with the owner of this 592 for quite awhile yesterday. He is a Husqvarna dealer up in the northeast. He told me that if he had one dollar for every 550XP MKII that he had done a short block on because of failed bearings that he would use that money to pay me for my services on his saw.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning Tom. I spoke with the owner of this 592 for quite awhile yesterday. He is a Husqvarna dealer up in the northeast. He told me that if he had one dollar for every 550XP MKII that he had done a short block on because of failed bearings that he would use that money to pay me for my services on his saw.
Morning Randy. Hows you? I heard that about 550's but haven't had a problem with mine YET. Its kind of funny that the problems with some saws might be production runs...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning Randy. Hows you? I heard that about 550's but haven't had a problem with mine YET. Its kind of funny that the problems with some saws might be production runs...

I think you hit the nail on the head my friend. Like these saws we see with over tightened fasteners. Could be because of a few people on the assembly line who just don't care about the job. We all know how common that can be.

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are the replacement short blocks lasting any longer? I got 4 of here from a local dealer he disposed of them. Sounds like the reworked 550s have a whole another set of issues than the originals

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are the replacement short blocks lasting any longer? I got 4 of here from a local dealer he disposed of them. Sounds like the reworked 550s have a whole another set of issues than the originals
I'm not sure Mike. We didn't really get too deep into the subject. He did say that the newer ones seem to be less trouble prone.

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy we are back at QC not doing their job properly.

Suck for the average Joe after spending all the money on a pro saw.

Newer members should note how attentive to detail all the reputable builders we have here are.

There is no hack it up and send it to the customer and never reply to emails mentality here.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure Mike. We didn't really get too deep into the subject. He did say that the newer ones seem to be less trouble prone.

It's pretty sad that they're even still having lots of issues with the MKII, considering they spent what, two, three years almost entirely redesigning the saw. Some issues and oddities are bound to arise, sure.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy we are back at QC not doing their job properly.

Suck for the average Joe after spending all the money on a pro saw.

Newer members should note how attentive to detail all the reputable builders we have here are.

There is no hack it up and send it to the customer and never reply to emails mentality here.

If I was the main man at Husqvarna, I would be livid over these issues.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's pretty sad that they're even still having lots of issues with the MKII, considering they spent what, two, three years almost entirely redesigning the saw. Some issues and oddities are bound to arise, sure.
one would think all of the bugs would be worked out by now.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I was the main man at Husqvarna, I would be livid over these issues.
me too. if he is even told about them. big places like that limit the stuff that is filtered up to the top. but if i were the one who is over the engineers i would be wanting some answers and solutions

Hundred Acre Wood

Full-time Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think these days , corporate greed and stock holders shares rank , over quality and integrity , in a lot of situations, whether it matters or not .

Agreed. In my experience it boils down to whether the financial hit in warranty work and lost sales exceeds the cost to fix the problems. Until that happens, executives don't care because they're only paid to watch the bottom line... profit. Occasionally you'll see companies do the right thing and take a hit when brand loyalty is on the line, but for most of them the cheaper option is the right option almost every time. If it's cheaper to pay the warranty work than fix a systemic problem, that's what they'll do.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On my 592 the muffler bolt hole cover screw was on so tight I instantly stripped the head out. No big deal, out comes the drill, the screw was so freaking tight while I was drilling, the head of the screw popped off and shot across the room. The threads then unscrewed by hand. The handles screw would not budge, a bit of heat from my large soldering iron and they finly broke free. The spark plug? Nearly needed a breaker bar to get the damn thing out. Oh and who's oil pump leaks like the Exxon Valdez? Mine does!

I'm pretty much finished with Husqvarna as a brand, every single saw I've had in the past ten years has had something not quite right. Be it nasty fit or finnish, something not function quite right, or totally DOA.

With all that, plus some shady business practices, I can see why dealers are dropping like flies.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On my 592 the muffler bolt hole cover screw was on so tight I instantly stripped the head out. No big deal, out comes the drill, the screw was so freaking tight while I was drilling, the head of the screw popped off and shot across the room. The threads then unscrewed by hand. The handles screw would not budge, a bit of heat from my large soldering iron and they finly broke free. The spark plug? Nearly needed a breaker bar to get the damn thing out. Oh and who's oil pump leaks like the Exxon Valdez? Mine does!

I'm pretty much finished with Husqvarna as a brand, every single saw I've had in the past ten years has had something not quite right. Be it nasty fit or finnish, something not function quite right, or totally DOA.

With all that, plus some shady business practices, I can see why dealers are dropping like flies.

Hello Andre. Hope you've been well my friend.