592XP info and a surprise

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only way to compare is to get a good test log that is decent sized. Use same bar and chain and time the cuts.
I agree 100% and that's what I've always tried to do.

This is a medium-sized log I have, but it's frozen to the ground right now. I also have a one that's something like 45" diameter, still standing.

Here's the one on the ground.
402bff69e8d7c47440ed0ef59c9b4cff.jpg

Putting some fuel through the 661, the 592 is ahead by a few tanks.

186453588f9e0e9dbf8bb59a64fd5442.jpg

Last edited:

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you're probably right, and I wasn't concerned until the messages.

I know it's been said before, but this dang thing has cuts. And I had a chance to run the 661 today. In my hands, the 592 feels like it's in a different class.
Maybe it is running on the rich side during break in, or maybe the port design causes some fuel condensation which could cause an occasional 4 stroke burp. I've seen a lot of ported saws do it, and people tend to polish out the rough surfaces in the ports which might otherwise break up any drops of condensed fuel. Just a theory, I have no proof. Long transfer tunnels may make the issue worse compared to the shorter tunnels of older designs, at least they seem long to me.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe it is running on the rich side during break in, or maybe the port design causes some fuel condensation which could cause an occasional 4 stroke burp. I've seen a lot of ported saws do it, and people tend to polish out the rough surfaces in the ports which might otherwise break up any drops of condensed fuel. Just a theory, I have no proof. Long transfer tunnels may make the issue worse compared to the shorter tunnels of older designs, at least they seem long to me.
They look quite large on this saw.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They look quite large on this saw.
The good news is, if there is an issue of fueling or timing a software update will fix it,
never thought I would find anything good to say about AT or MT.
All I see is incredible torque from a saw out of the box.
May be get someone with a infrared temperature gun to take some reading,
if nothing is found of concern, then not a lot to worry about.
I might as well ask, what oil and what ration are you using.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The good news is, if there is an issue of fueling or timing a software update will fix it,
never thought I would find anything good to say about AT or MT.
All I see is incredible torque from a saw out of the box.
May be get someone with a infrared temperature gun to take some reading,
if nothing is found of concern, then not a lot to worry about.
I might as well ask, what oil and what ration are you using.
Lol. Yamalube 2R 40:1 canned fuel. After break-in, I will go to a full synthetic. I think it's fine.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m starting to agree with you .My 550 sounds very similar to how the 592 runs that bike sound I guess you can call it.
That’s why I wonder if I have problems starting it in chili weather because my oil ratio is more than 50/1 I’m running like a 40 to 1 for breaking in to.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
So that means I will run my half arse ported (ported by me lol) 357 at 37.5:1 ratio! Opened up exhaust and base gasket delete, but no transfer port work lol
Calm down and go watch some My Little Pony;)

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
2:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
OMG you guys and yer oils and ratios, if I had to complicate my life that much to cut every day, I would just dig a hole 6 foot down for myself
Thing is - it's everything but the engine that wears out first. Prolonging the engine for after 1200 hours is like prolonging the heart for after the liver dies.

Maybe 20,000 good ported engines sitting in sheds in British Columbia from the last 30 yrs.