592XP info and a surprise

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
uh... Sorry to be picky. The whole video is full of BS... Nothing technical was unveiled.. At least open the cover and let us see the air filter FFS.

Not that much different to look at under the hood. Big air filter. The muffler is quite different as I've posted early. Big stainless steel empty box. Like a big 372 muffler.

The big and nice change is that you don't have to go from choke to a fast idle position. Starts and runs on choke without flooding. Start it, hit the trigger and go.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not that much different to look at under the hood. Big air filter. The muffler is quite different as I've posted early. Big stainless steel empty box. Like a big 372 muffler.

The big and nice change is that you don't have to go from choke to a fast idle position. Starts and runs on choke without flooding. Start it, hit the trigger and go.
One thing I liked was the cast transfer covers. No longer bolt on. Though that might be a negative to those porting the saw... but anyway I think it’s more bulletproof than bolt on transfer covers.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
5:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
uh... Sorry to be picky. The whole video is full of BS... Nothing technical was unveiled.. At least open the cover and let us see the air filter FFS.

It's all a marketing pitch, nothing new there. There will likely be a video later with mechanics that really know what's going on.

One thing I liked was the cast transfer covers. No longer bolt on. Though that might be a negative to those porting the saw... but anyway I think it’s more bulletproof than bolt on transfer covers.

I agree - the bolt-on covers have been a source of irritation for our builders and it's one less thing for QC to fail on.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s why I liked dolmars approach. None of that marketing bs like the other big manufacturers. The saws spoke for themselves. But look at what happened to them... I guess hype and videos sell saws these days.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, the biggest question is...

Is it cheaper to buy a 592 and the 585 carb to make a non autotune 90cc, or buy the 585 and a 592 piston/cylinder?

They are both the same displacement. Same deal as the 565/572 and 555/562.

The 585 is now a much more relevant model by not being auto-tune. All the superstitious types who want nothing to do with AT have an alternative.

Should I cancel all the 395's on backorder? LOL

EDIT: Disregard my displacement line; I got that screwed up. Thanks @ferris !!

Last edited:

ferris

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The 585 is now a much more relevant model by not being auto-tune. All the superstitious types who want nothing to do with AT have an alternative.

Same displacement?
This Manul shows a difference?
upload_2021-6-16_21-26-37.jpeg

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I'm not superstitious I'm cheap
I'll not ever pay for a saw to be serviced.
If I can't fix it at home
I don't want it.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea I know didn’t even pop the hood what a sham!!!!

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't see the video.

Most tree guys I know never pop the hood on their saws, so they might think we're just dumb consumers who don't care what's inside as long as it runs. Lots of promotional videos skip the technical stuff.