High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

When you go cut, what do you take with you?

BigRed96

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
When you go cut, what items do you take along with you besides bar oil and gas? I take the following;

Not pictured here is my sidearm. I never leave the house without my trusty Glock 26 on my side. Though it might be cool to see what others take, maybe get some ideas.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spare chains wedges maul file two saws I have a bookbag with stuff in it goes on my back if I have to walk if not it rides up front of truck with all my goodies

BigRed96

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What do you use to carry your sidearm in to keep fine dust and trash from getting in and on it?
I carry a cheap Fobus outside the waistband holster with my Glock when I am not to worried about concealing it too much. Like Jake said, it's a Glock and to me it is a tool. I was laying in mud putting a belt on my mower that popped off and I didn't bother taking it off. It was covered in mud. I just wipe it off and go about my business.

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
11:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ms461, 562xp, Ms261, bar oil, mix, wedges, extra chains, tool box, cooler, thermos, Axe, two 20' chains, come along, sling, tow strap, camera and either a Rem 870 Tactical, stoked with slugs, or a Ruger single action of some flavor.
Big saws on the front rack, everything else in the bed of the Gator.

BigRed96

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
One saw couple spare chains ,3 wedges ,an axe ,gallon of mix ,half gallon of oil ,spencer tape .Bar wrench is on the saw .

Ms461, 562xp, Ms261, bar oil, mix, wedges, extra chains, tool box, cooler, thermos, Axe, two 20' chains, come along, sling, tow strap, camera and either a Rem 870 Tactical, stoked with slugs, or a Ruger single action of some flavor.
Big saws on the front rack, everything else in the bed of the Gator.

Why do you guys carry axes? I am assuming to drive in wedges.

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I owned an Echo I'd just take that, bar oil and a jug of mix. Since I only have Stihls and Dolmars, I take three saws so I know that one will start

Just kidding. I currently have the most reliable saws I've ever owned. However, years ago when I personally only had a 021, 290 and a Homelite XL, I'd have to take all of them because the 290 was guaranteed to flood if I didn't hear the slight pop off and hit the lever up, the 021 might not start after sitting for a while and the old XL wouldn't keep enough tension to hold the chain.

I don't miss those days.

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bring 2-3 saws, ppe, a couple of extra chains, files, wedges, axe, bar wrench, stump vise, tape measure and crayons for firewood, and usually a cant hook. A lot of the wood I get is piled up, and the cant hook is very useful getting logs separated.

BigRed96

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bring 2-3 saws, ppe, a couple of extra chains, files, wedges, axe, bar wrench, stump vise, tape measure and crayons for firewood, and usually a cant hook. A lot of the wood I get is piled up, and the cant hook is very useful getting logs separated.
I usually have a cant hook and a pickeroon as well. Forgot to mentioned that earlier.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Usually 3 saws,, one big one 70-90cc 50cc medium, one of witch has just been repaired in some way, so I get to give it a good test. Picaroon, peavy, X27, small tool box of saw stuff, wedges ,a stick marked with round lengths and small hand saw to hash mark where to cut . Some chains and long tow straps to haul the logs out to the road. Hard hat etc,,,water,,wife,,1st aid kit
And I usually cut in the fall so all my hunting stuff in case I dont find any wood.
And the 3/4 ton dodge
BBB

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm always with someone else , cutting alone in the bush is dangerous .
Spare chain , plug etc . PPE , wedges , axe , files , something to snack on and drink .
Some first aid kit is good , usually with my youngest son so I have my own military medic with me :b1: