High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

When you go cut, what do you take with you?

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
5:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm no pro, by any stretch, but I find my list has grown over the years. Most of my cutting happens up in the sticks near deer camp, often while alone. Like @exSW I always have a cell. I can't count the number of times I've trudged back to camp because I needed another saw, forgot screech, needed an axe, etc.

Generally, I've got ppe of chaps, gloves, boots, glasses, helmet with shield and hearing protection. I haven't brought first aid kit, but need to change that...

If I'm not walking, and can use the truck or 4-wheeler, I tend to have 2 saws. Wedges, axe, scrench, sharpener or spare chains, gas and bar oil.... Ummmm, I think that's it.

Oh, also the cant hook...
Cell phone don't work at muh camp.

Daserlon

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually bring 2 saws. Any of the following depending on what size trees i'm cutting. 268, 181, 281, 288, 394 or 2100. I use an old 50 caliber ammo "box" for my saw box. It has tools, files, spare chains and spare nuts, bolts etc. I take a maul and hatchet, 2- 20' drag chains, 2- 65' pull cables. Also tie-down straps. I'm sure i'm forgetting something.1003151557.jpg

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A couple of saws gas and oil and a few wedges... Im never very far from the barn so I really don't drag much stuff with me. Don't forget the dump truck, skidloader and excavator.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got this little bag at HF and find it very useful. Wedges, pulleys, clasps, tools, file, stump vice, marker, hatchet, tape etc. Plus I like to bring the X27 and timber jack if I think I need it.

Depends on what I have to cut, and how I have to get there. If I have to walk in, will often only take one saw.

I don't drink any alcohol during the day if I am using the saw or shooting. My favorite drink concoction on hot days is 1/4 Cran/Grape, 1/4 OJ, and 1/2 water. Taste good and not too sweet.

Attachments

• IMG_20160906_234303863.jpg
    IMG_20160906_234303863.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 49

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a more recent picture of my setup. Still wanting in the organization department, but that's unlikely to change.
rps20161003_043617.jpg

I've been daydreaming about what I can do to make my life easier when cutting on other properties near me. I've got a neighbor with about 100 cords of tops on the ground. We'll probably team up this winter. I've got a tow bar for the front of the Jeep. I'm thinking install the tow bar and weld up a hitch on the back. Hook tractor with Farmi winch to Jeep, Jeep to hay wagon. That way I can really bring everything I need at once.

I can just toss my gear into the bucket on the tractor, but I really like having the Jeep along. It makes running home for lunch really convenient.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would like to think the right answer would be, everything I need and nothing I don't. Something I strive for, but doesn't always work out that way. Besides the power saw, one thing I always bring no matter what is a picaroon. Also find myself bringing an axe more and more even when I'm bucking. Seems like there is a limb you missed here and there, easier just to grab the axe and make short work of it. Otherwise I'm game for anything that makes things go easier and smoother. This can be hand tools like cant hook, log tongs, pulp hooks or even a mall and wedge. Might be mechanical things like a winch or a crawler to skid things out. Around the property I use the garden tractor with a dump trailer, away the truck. Away is when I bring the kitchen sink including a bag of tools and files, oil gas the whole bit and usually too many saws. My mind has to be strong, cause my back sure isn't, always a way to get things done, just have to figure them out first.

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Lately I have been using two saws when I go cutting... ported 372XPW and BG deleted 359.

redoakneck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hopefully a "branch manager", usually a buddy or kid willing to work for firewood, beer, or reasonable cash.

The branch manager has the most important job , which is to drag all the 3" or smaller branches out of my way, so I can keep hammering the firewood at hand. I think a good branch manager, or two, can double or triple my production depending on the branchyness of the tree at hand.

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I got to thinking of a death from logging that happened to a friend of a friend's son a couple years ago .
He had a good size log up in the bucket of his tractor and the chain came loose and he was crushed by it . He was only a few weeks from his wedding .
Careful with the lifting equipment guys , leave nothing to chance it can happen fast .

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea, a cousin of mine got crushed when his skidder went over, the old seat belt broke. He had probably replaced everything else.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bring all my geae, ropes rigging, tools. Pole saws. Chokers. All my saws. Because one time I left one thing I needed behind. So that was a lesson. Even if I think or know it's straight forward I bring it all....
Some would need an 18 wheeler if we were to bring it all.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a "bucket buddy" for a 5 gallon bucket that has files, husky roller guide, stump vise, file handles, several wedges, Stihl hatchet (for pounding wedges), tach, spare chains, couple screnches, rags, 2 cycle oil, gloves. Usually there is enough room in bucket to put gallon of bar oil to conslidate carrying stuff. The bucket buddy has tons of pockets and such some are perfect to keep your files organized etc so you aren't rifling through the bucket part looking for smaller items.

Next time I have the bucket out of the shed I'll have to get a picture of the setup. Works great for me.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a tall bucket with a seat lid my daughter got me .Holds enough stuff ,plus is a nice seat .
Seldom do I leave my property so seldom anything but a jug of oil and gas .

My shed has 30 saws that run and another 20 or so that ran at one time .Those that don't may or may not ever run again .

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I take atv, couple saws. Water wedges files hatchet stump vice , fuel , bar oil coffee snacks, multi tool for saws, *s-word tickets and a gun.