The Official Farming Thread...

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
800 bales and it needed a new bale chamber? Seems like not a ton of work done. Well who knows what happen to the old one. I’ve never actually seen one of those

They had a customer that had a fire in his so they dropped the chamber off of this one to replace his. I believe his replacement was over a month out when the did that.
The pick up roller stays with the power unit, the tech said it’s about a 20 minute job dropping the chamber off the unit.

They were rushing around trying to get this one hauled in & ready to go so we could demo it. I am guessing that some of the sensors & such were not quite right from the factory and causing some issues. They probably should of taken more time prepping.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
6:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They had a customer that had a fire in his so they dropped the chamber off of this one to replace his. I believe his replacement was over a month out when the did that.
The pick up roller stays with the power unit, the tech said it’s about a 20 minute job dropping the chamber off the unit.

They were rushing around trying to get this one hauled in & ready to go so we could demo it. I am guessing that some of the sensors & such were not quite right from the factory and causing some issues. They probably should of taken more time prepping.
Makes total sense. How’d it work?

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Makes total sense. How’d it work?

It was a less than stellar demo in my opinion.

Right off the start the rep was babbling on while baling & not paying attention, the alarm was saying the back gate wasn’t closed. He did this on the first 2 bales so we got to dig it out twice right off the bat. o_O

It’s a learning curve for sure, the steering is super sensitive. The sales rep didn’t like me scrolling thru screens & adjusting stuff, he had very few answers & didn’t have an owners manual to look thru for reference. It would be best to have the service tech riding along to answer questions.

It rode great, the auto net wrap sensor ( for lack of the proper term ) wouldn’t work so I had to push a button eject the bales. :eek:

Basically in auto mode you steer & run the hydrostat for your ground speed, when the bale is full the machine stops itself, wraps the bale & kicks it out then you push the go button & your off again. This one kept saying the bale wasn’t wrapped but it was so I had to use the toggle on the joystick to manually kick the bale out & clear the alarm code for each bale.

It has a reverser for the pickup also so in case of a slug you flip that switch & it spits the bit then you try again. Naturally I slugged the pig in a big glob of wet reeds canary grass. The reverser wasn’t working. :rolleyes:

It has sensors to measure L/R & F/B lean/tilt so it auto mode it’s supposed to rotate its self 90* so the bale won’t roll down the hill. I punched the screen once for a right rotation while it was wrapping, it backed up & rotated on its own then I kicked the bale out. These sensors weren’t working either

It has a 200hp 4cylinder Cummins engine, road speed of 35mph, claims to be able to bale at 12mph.

It’s equipped with a Claas cab, apparently Vermeer didn’t want to engineer a cab so they buy from Claas.

It’s takes a bit not to overrun your windrow & leave hay behind. As wide as the pickup is it looks nearly impossible to do but over steer makes it easy.

It’s got 2 cameras, one on the rear & one for the pickup.

You can adjust your pickup speed from 75% up to 150%, the same with the bale chamber belts & net wrap speeds.

You can buy a 2 or 3 bale accumulator to hook on behind it.

Basically it’s like a big zero turn mower with a baler on the back.

It worked ok as is but would be really nice to run it while performing properly. It seemed to take an extended period of time to put the wrap on also. The sales rep kept trying to sell me on the ride.

If I like it Chase will buy it but I am not liking the bugs & non working elements. If they get that chit ironed out & provide some type of reduced service call fees over an extended period of I will like it more & give it the seal of approval. The old Super M is getting things done now though.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
While on the subject of balers, Dad’s Super M & Chase’s Super M seem to take longer to wrap a bale than my brothers Deere baler. The Vermeer are around 8-12 seconds, Deere is usually around 5-6 seconds. They are all putting on 2 wraps. I didn’t time the self propelled but it was significantly longer than the M’s. I am thinking around 18-20 seconds.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
7:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well going on 9 weeks and they all are inseparable still. Puffy hen hotel is getting more cramped by the day. They all keep trying to sneak under her still too lol. There have been no signs of weening she still clucks to them and calls them to food024DB708-60E6-4A05-A128-BC79EF4AE387.jpeg

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What is CREP?

Around here it’s a soil conservation program. I’m not sure where king is located but in DE you let a piece of ground grow up in grass

This. They give us a tax cut to NOT produce any crops on the ground. Unfortunately, they also made us do soil tests every two years, and apply lime and fertilizer, and mow 1/3 of the ground each year, which cost more than the tax breaks, so it was a bust all around. Time to put the ground back in production and pay the taxes the old fashioned way.