372xp issues

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
3:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks like someone went at it too aggressively with oxyacetylene 😂? just a guess. I'd like to sandblast the cases and refinish with epoxy primer but don't know if I will. Prev owner sprayed over most all the exterior with a brighter orange.

Aside from this the case is in pretty good shape
IMG_20241009_154155256.jpg

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks like someone went at it too aggressively with oxyacetylene 😂? just a guess. I'd like to sandblast the cases and refinish with epoxy primer but don't know if I will. Prev owner sprayed over most all the exterior with a brighter orange.

Aside from this the case is in pretty good shape
View attachment 436894
Or maybe that's just corrosion from carbon steel to aluminum contact idk

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As for the kill switch mine doesn't always work but the choke works just as well, and was going to unhook it altogether but not sure if that would cause an open circuit.
You should be able to disconnect it without issue. Amazon has kill switches cheap, I think I got 5 for $5. If you have a multimeter, you can double check to see if the switch is working or if one of the wires has a short. Heck, if it comes down to it, any autoparts store will have an assortment of kill switches that should work.

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like the saw was a Jonsered originally, the cases and carb floor look Jonsered red. The stuff inside the case is corrosion, not burn marks.
Oh the Jonsonred is red, I see, ya the rear half with the fuel tank and handle is all red painted over with orange, also the crankcase is painted over too! It has a flat top cover for the air filter. The cylinder cover plastic is original orange along with the intake cover. All I know is the cases Sweden and the crankshaft also says Sweden, but the original color is red on the inside of the case!

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should be able to disconnect it without issue. Amazon has kill switches cheap, I think I got 5 for $5. If you have a multimeter, you can double check to see if the switch is working or if one of the wires has a short. Heck, if it comes down to it, any autoparts store will have an assortment of kill switches that should work.
Oh right on, definitely worth it for that price!