372xp issues

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good news, we got a fire!! And it turns out the choke does work by pulling it further back!
The bearings, gaskets, air filter and spring dampener came in yesterday with 2-day air shipping. Assembled it and we got a fire then then the nut spun loose on the aluminum magnetic wheel and had to tighten it. Then the fuel line cracked and starts leaking.IMG_20241010_162700283.jpg

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It won't even fire now. There seems to be too much resistance when pulling maybe the crank is stretched. I can try a squish measurement with a solder piece vertically maybe but it's a 1/4 " gap.

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also when heating one crank bearing saw a flash of flame the oil coating burn away from a propane torch to close. And the crank seal on one side might be pressed in to far on the pull handle side

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It won't even fire now. There seems to be too much resistance when pulling maybe the crank is stretched. I can try a squish measurement with a solder piece vertically maybe but it's a 1/4 " gap.
If you didn't knock the crank back and forth a little to center it
It will drag.

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Repped...He lost me at Tinman's saw channel
That's the first video related that popped up, first time viewer but they are right about the crankshaft issues. Except this one isn't a farmertec. That's gotta be what the issue is. I remember my grandpa telling me something about how too tight of a chain can cool off and bend crankshafts too.

Speaking of TInman saw the mention wolf creek saw shop and they got some great parts, hyway, NWP and SKF, and $20 for 2-day air shipping

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you didn't knock the crank back and forth a little to center it
It will drag.
Yes I did make sure to do that, it is centered! Idk if it's possible to ruin a bearing from heat with a propane torch by heating it up too quickly (keeping the flame back out of contact usually) I saw the flash of burning off the oil on only one of the bearings. And the crank seal on the pull handle side got pressed farther than it should've and there might be some resistance there from rubbing. I noticed the bearing became more resistant to spinning after heating and putting on the should be usual as the bottom ring stretches.

The saw is still pulling over with much higher resistance than it did when first getting it. Just about exactly the same as it was before this parts swap. Unless the bearing can be ruined from a propane torch or the seal pressed too far in:
spark ok
not the cylinder already tried a new one and exactly the same issue
not the piston either and rings are new Caber
not the crank bearings (unless new one is ruined)
not fuel related

It seems like the possibility that the crank might be bent, something is significantly causing resistance repeatedly after every repair attempt. It's the same every time. This is the only thing left that hasn't been replaced. But nonetheless it's the last thing I'd ever expect the issue would be, I never would have thought it could be that so I don't know.

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do know for sure that the old bearings had no wobble play at all and no side load wobble whatsoever so it doesn't make any sense how the crank would be tweaked/bent at all without leaving the bearings in worn condition.. however it never ran once after this happened only pulled over several times so there is that.. going towards a crankshaft being bent.

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess first I could try to pop out the crank seal on the one side and replace while making it flush with the bottom of the taper.. this one might've got tapped to far in, it's further than before. The paint line is to the bottom of the taper and this one is nearly 1/8" past that line possibly rubbing on the bearing. I'm pretty sure I could feel the resistance increase after tapping it in

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's getting ridiculous enough I might just buy a Holzforma lower unit, probably should've done that instead of spending the $100+ on parts. Brand new lower units for 105+ tax I'm sure they have machine pressed bearings in a clean factory.

The farmertec cylinder and piston meets my quality standards. Just one small minor defect in the piston nothing significant at all. This might even be why the eBay seller wanted to get rid of it idk they aren't a regular Distibutor and no returns.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's getting ridiculous enough I might just buy a Holzforma lower unit, probably should've done that instead of spending the $100+ on parts. Brand new lower units for 105+ tax I'm sure they have machine pressed bearings in a clean factory.

The farmertec cylinder and piston meets my quality standards. Just one small minor defect in the piston nothing significant at all. This might even be why the eBay seller wanted to get rid of it idk they aren't a regular Distibutor and no returns.
I've had good luck with the china saws i bought 4 of these about 7 year's ago
I did a couple of tree jobs to pay for them and they've paid for themselves many time's over
I've loaned them out to family and friends so they wouldn't borrow my ported oem stuff
I've got 3 out on loan now.
I've built a couple of holzfforma kits they are still together for the owner's
IMG_20241005_162152.jpgIMG_20241005_163548.jpg
Lost one coil and 3 kill switches but they've done a ton of cutting for everyone.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you get tired of messing with it shoot me a pm, depending on the price I may be interested in buying the whole saw and old top end.
Too late
I called dibs on the top end already.

hacskaroly

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ohhhh, I want to get a Hnsavrqu 365...I wonder if they also make Shìtl's too and maybe a Dmloar....

I have looked at some of those kit saws just for the fun of putting together like a model airplane!

Last edited:

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did a couple of tree jobs to pay for them and they've paid for themselves many time's over
I've loaned them out to family and friends so they wouldn't borrow my ported oem stuff
I've got 3 out on loan now.
I've built a couple of holzfforma kits they are still together for the owner's
View attachment 436886View attachment 436887
Lost one coil and 3 kill switches but they've done a ton of cutting for everyone.
Hnsavrqua 😂 that's impressive for sure. For the price on a new unit it's no doubt something I want to try. As for the kill switch mine doesn't always work but the choke works just as well, and was going to unhook it altogether but not sure if that would cause an open circuit.

slambox28

Rod stretcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you get tired of messing with it shoot me a pm, depending on the price I may be interested in buying the whole saw and old top end.
Gonna put it on the backburner for now. Hoping to figure it out eventually but for now tired of screwing with it and going to swap out the lower unit with brand new clone to do some cutting. That should help diagnose too