GoldMember
Local time
5:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
a car fell on you?
so sorry to hear that man, get well soon
on a brighter note since you will be convalescing a bit anyway this would be a good time to order anything you need from some of the shady merchants like me on the site, that way once you are able to actually use the parts/t-shirts/whatever, they might actually be there for you :)
pics of the car?
Dave

sefh3

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ohh, I don't think I can like that one. I've done a lot of things for our kid's sports and activities and believe me it's out of love, not because I enjoy "watching a cross country race where you get a glimpse of the runners every once in a while when they come out of one woods and go into another...
Graduations, honors assemblies, and so forth are all events I'd just as soon not attend if it weren't for political necessities.
Trust me it's out of love. The things we do for our kids is amazing at times. I coach all their sports, leader for cub scouts , and my wife leads the Girl Scouts. Active in 4h as well. It's very time and money consuming but I'm always there for the support.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Got my coffee now time to get some brake line to make a poulan muffler mod. And go through a few more saws to figure out what carb kits are needed.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got my coffee now time to get some brake line to make a poulan muffler mod. And go through a few more saws to figure out what carb kits are needed.
Brake line for a muffler mod? Huh? like 1/4" pipe job? Not sure I understand this.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trust me it's out of love. The things we do for our kids is amazing at times. I coach all their sports, leader for cub scouts , and my wife leads the Girl Scouts. Active in 4h as well. It's very time and money consuming but I'm always there for the support.
One thing that helped me is that my kids excelled. It's much easier to watch a running race if your two boys consistently come in first and second. And graduation when your kid is the valedictorian is not nearly as boring. And that was really special when the following year, our kid was again the valedictorian... (different kid, same school)
Our "dumb kid" you know, the one that wasn't valedictorian, received an appointment to West Point (where his brother attended) but chose to go to the US Coast Guard Academy so he could run competitively. He's got one more year to run races and then has to play "grown up" and serve at least five years active duty.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chased bunnies with the beagles then tightened sap lines and checked for leaks. Twas a beautiful day here in PA.
The idea of a good race brings back a lot of memories of hunting with my dad and uncles. Love a good race!

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One thing that helped me is that my kids excelled. It's much easier to watch a running race if your two boys consistently come in first and second. And graduation when your kid is the valedictorian is not nearly as boring. And that was really special when the following year, our kid was again the valedictorian... (different kid, same school)
Our "dumb kid" you know, the one that wasn't valedictorian, received an appointment to West Point (where his brother attended) but chose to go to the US Coast Guard Academy so he could run competitively. He's got one more year to run races and then has to play "grown up" and serve at least five years active duty.
Real talk a lot of folk don't have the luxury of children that can outdo the rest of a school congrats on that good luck to them and you as far as me today I tied up some bucktail teaser lures for this springs flounder run hope to fool a few nice sized flatties with them green pink and white seem to do the best here close in the Atlantic. I love fresh fish

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Real talk a lot of folk don't have the luxury of children that can outdo the rest of a school congrats on that good luck to them and you as far as me today I tied up some bucktail teaser lures for this springs flounder run hope to fool a few nice sized flatties with them green pink and white seem to do the best here close in the Atlantic. I love fresh fish
I concur, I was the kid that tried out for the high school baseball team all four years of high school and never made the cut. I read books instead of paying attention in class and thus my grades weren't too stellar. I'd get beat up on the bus where kids smoked and drank whiskey while the bus driver was completely ignoring everything that wasn't outside the windshield.
Our kids take after their mother brain wise apparently, lol. We weren't those parents that had their children involved in every possible activity they could. We let them choose one. How our two boys wound up at service academies was not our doing. Neither my wife or I have been in the military. This was something they came up with on their own and we facilitated it and are proud of them for going that route. (it's not easy). I will take credit for teaching the kids about hard work, that it's ok to get sweaty and tired doing something that needs to be done and taking pride in the accomplishment of a difficult or tedious task. My stated goal was that I wanted my sons to have callouses in places other than their thumbs. (from video games, lol).
I do miss the boys and in their absence, there's not much tree service stuff being done. Right now the location of our three children are Michigan, Germany and Connecticut. (we're in Georgia).

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
70a658f6aeb9c17a27c5c973184ebf80.jpg

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finishing up definate Daves 064 hybrid today, 70 yesterday but cold and snow coming in today.
Wow, that's quite a transition.
It's 58 and raining here in Georgia. We've had an unusually mild winter. All the daffodils are out as of yesterday. I sold one load of firewood this year. Yup, one load. I actually sold more smoker wood than firewood. I'm doing office work today and I need to stay focused on it and not get distracted by chainsaw stuff...

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
4:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made the wife very happy today and ordered a bunch of new furniture to finish off the house reno we've been working on the last several months.

I bet I could even get permission for a saw or two... if there was any $$$ left...

Motorhead

Cantre Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I got transferred from the hospital to intensive rehab following a bad accident a week ago. Broken femur, split the ball in half, and shattered the socket.
Just an update as to my disappearance, and no, I didn't get banned, haha!
Seriously, not sure how much posting I will be doing, but hope to lurk a bit and live vicariously through you all. Whole lotta pain, can't walk. Surgeons are shooting for 8-10 years out of their patch job, but I'll need a replacement if I live long enough.
Life changer.
All prayers accepted, thanks fellas, great group here.
So sorry to hear about your accident,Best wishes,