Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was taking the lower limbs off a broken branch when my tree service buddy drove by with his chipper truck. They stopped, fired up the chipper, and took care of the clutter. Later in the day he came by with his bucket truck and took care of the broken limbs I could not reach. Good to have friends...

Mark
I agree it is good to have friends.

Years ago there was a line of 12"-16" Black Locust growing tight on the south side of the road. Now anyone knowing Black Locust knows they grow tall and straight when in close proximity to each other. They also make great firewood and fence posts. The power line was on the north side but folks, this is a 12ft wide road so the trees are still close enough to hit the lines in a windstorm. The company that the power company contracted with for line clearance had been down the road and only briefly touched them. I called the power company and they sent out a rep. I explained to him what I thought should be been done. Locust are notorious for poor. shallow root structure here and blow down easily. This tree line was in a sand area which made it worse. On top of that it was on a high point with strong south winds. I explained to the power company guy my concerns. He asked what I would like seen done. I told him to just have them topped at about 20 ft so then there is no way they hit the lines. I said after that I will take them down. He chuckled and said "alright Bill, we can do that". A week or so later the tree service was back and I had a nice line of topless Locust to cut. I guess karma bit we though as I got poison ivy cutting them.

Years later I had a great young man in my shop classes, freshman through senior year. He was the epitome of what makes a great young man. At age 12 or 13 he was climbing. When he came into class as a freshman he was very skilled. When he left high school he was hired on with Asplundh. About 2012 Asplundh had the contract for line clearance here. I was down at the barn doing something when when one of their trucks pulled up. Out jumps Shawn (or Whitey as I called him because of his white hair) We got to talking and he was only a few years out of school but was already a crew boss with them. He has now changed companies but if I even get in a pinch I know he can help me out.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
9:40PM here

Good luck with that deal.
He is an older gentleman and many there are scared shipping to the USA so it is making trading tough. I understand that though. The old expression of "there is more than one way to skin a cat" is one that is lost on some.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spent way too long in the way with too little water, but I got the cab and axles off the rolled 99 Dodge I'm parting out/scrapping. Cab still needs a bit more gutting before it hits the scrap trailer, but progress is progress.
How's the tranny?......Wait dumb question

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How's the tranny?......Wait dumb question
Last I saw resting happily in the front yard of the p.o. I need a 47rh out of a 2wd for my build, so I wasn't gonna pay extra for the 4x4 47re it came with.

jblnut

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Helped Mama Bear tear out the vinyl and carpet flooring in the camper to put different vinyl and carpet in.
IMG_1342.jpeg

She’s on a mission to make a perfectly good camper “better” and I decided not to ask any questions. She doesn’t look around the shop and ask why I needed the sprayer or the forklift or any other things up here so I keep it zipped about the crap she wants to do.
IMG_1348.jpeg

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
2:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spray cleaned and partially rebuilt carburetor for my Troy Bilt Pony tiller, will reinstall and test run this week.
Bought spark plug for my dirt bike.
Installed a new used recoil on my grandpas Homelite 360 chainsaw.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spray cleaned and partially rebuilt carburetor for my Troy Bilt Pony tiller, will reinstall and test run this week.
Bought spark plug for my dirt bike.
Installed a new used recoil on my grandpas Homelite 360 chainsaw.
Did the plug work?

damifino

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She’s on a mission to make a perfectly good camper “better” and I decided not to ask any questions. She doesn’t look around the shop and ask why I needed the sprayer or the forklift or any other things up here so I keep it zipped about the crap she wants to do.
You are a wise man. 👍

jblnut

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You are a wise man. 👍
Oh it hasn’t come easily or quickly. I’ve about bit my tongue off with the artsy fartsy crap she wants to do lately. Again, I’ll help but I want nothing to do with decisions made about what it should look like. You give me a picture and I’ll make the welder do welder things and turn that ugly grain bin into a gazebo but don’t ask me what I think of how two seemingly identical photos look.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My parts buckets are rusting from sitting on the shops concrete floor.
Giving them a coat of old engine oil.
May have to put something under them, get them off the floor.

IMG_20240529_174824.jpg