So what did you do today?

Homelite750

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After work I went over to my friends house to pick up some lobsters from him. I got to see his baby daughter for the first time and he showed me his 1946 Chevrolet deluxe truck he's building into a custom off road rig. Went home after and cooked dinner for my family.

Attachments

• IMG_7370.JPG
    IMG_7370.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7372.JPG
    IMG_7372.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 23

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the truck loaded up with some tools. Tomorrow I'm going to a friends house and we're going to cut a 30" pipe into fire rings. It's 30' long so we can make enough for all our buddies. I'm hoping my plasma cutter is up to the challenge. It's just under 1/2" thick steel but has a coating of some kind of plastic stuff. I'll cut it from the inside out. It would cost a fortune to cut this thing with an oxyacetylene torch. The pipe was left from installation of a natural gas pipeline. It weighs 110 pounds per foot.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the truck loaded up with some tools. Tomorrow I'm going to a friends house and we're going to cut a 30" pipe into fire rings. It's 30' long so we can make enough for all our buddies. I'm hoping my plasma cutter is up to the challenge. It's just under 1/2" thick steel but has a coating of some kind of plastic stuff. I'll cut it from the inside out. It would cost a fortune to cut this thing with an oxyacetylene torch. The pipe was left from installation of a natural gas pipeline. It weighs 110 pounds per foot.
Wouldn't a chop saw slice it up? Sounds like something an old school Partner k series could handle

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wouldn't a chop saw slice it up? Sounds like something an old school Partner k series could handle
I have a Multiquip chop saw and put it in the truck but those metal cutting blades are consumable and I suspect one blade would only make one cut which would greatly increase the cost per fire ring. I think the plasma cutter will do it but won't know until about lunch time tomorrow how successful we'll be.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

We were able to cut up about 1/2 of the pipe and that yielded 8 fire rings. I'll return for another session later but that tired me out. The plasma cutter worked "fair". We were hampered by the plasticized coating. I cut it from the inside out. Burned 1236 holes in my shirt but oh well.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That 560 looks to be a real beast

Yes Sir it is like a Tank. I never imagined how much torque it had without even touching throttle. I m very happy with it, it stand up to every task even cutting small firs and oaks while cleaning my property at my village with the Wood Disk.

i wanna port it though soon i ll muffler mod it to check the difference
Haven't seen woods ported brush cutters.

sorry for delay

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sharpened an Archer chain, took it off my XS5000 as I find it slow and underwhelming, replaced it with an Oregon LGX which I also sharpened.

Sharpened a Stihl RS 3/8" on my PS-9010 and swapped back to Stihl RS .325" as it feels like the better performer of the two.

Mowed the yard on and off between the rain showers.

Finished the day bucking my neighbors oak firewood logs, utilized my PS-550, spent one tank of fuel.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tied up some tomato plants, cleaned up a bit in front of my shop, repaired a tire on one of my vehicles, moved a cargo trailer so I could move some other stuff. (Tetris and Rubic's Cube), fixed a broken knob on the washing machine (Rube Goldberg woulda been proud). Then I worked on a big fairway mower, stripping off some reels so it can get relocated away from here. (part of my "stuff" reduction process). Finished the day by splitting and stacking some firewood. I've got a big pile so work on it a little here and there. Doing it with a maul and throwing the problem pieces aside for the hydraulic splitter. Now I'm sitting in my chair and getting ready to do some paperwork. Oh, last thing I did was load the truck up for a small tree job tomorrow after church.

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Visiting my parents this weekend, worked on an airplane for a few hours and started it for the first time in a while. Ran good, didn't leave the ground just got it warmed up and put it to bed. Maybe an oil change on it tomorrow.