Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dredging this action back up -

Working on another stock rig but I did some work to the stock intake manifold. The first picture is the last stock manifold on the SP-125s,
it has little wings added to help with reed sealing.You can where the reeds have worn "beds" into the manifold.

I lapped the surface of this one good but the wear marks are pretty deep.

New reeds should seal up on those areas just fine though.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This stock manifold I did quite a bit of work to inside removing casting flaws, smoothing
everything out, and eliminating some pockets where fuel likes to puddle. I'll run a
Tillotson HS-296 off of a Husky 390XP on this 125 and see how it does:

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This stock manifold I did quite a bit of work to inside removing casting flaws, smoothing
everything out, and eliminating some pockets where fuel likes to puddle. I'll run a
Tillotson HS-296 off of a Husky 390XP on this 125 and see how it does:

Looks good! Do you know what manifold came first, the one with the wings or without? And the purpose of them, I kinda thought they were for reed support, and wasn’t sure if it was an update or not.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good! Do you know what manifold came first, the one with the wings or without? And the purpose of them, I kinda thought they were for reed support, and wasn’t sure if it was an update or not.

I think the one with the wings was the later manifold because the manifold I worked over came out of an early saw. I think as they got into the "C" saws, they had more reed sealing problems
since guys were really starting to turn them up. I remember a lot of guys doing bigger carburetors, advanced timing, stack adapters, etc. - also from when guys were running the kart motors.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s kinda what I was thinking, but had limited samples! I have wanted to try some epoxy in the manifold, there is a lot of dead space in there. I would eventually like to try the wb with with a modified stock manifold, weld on a bigger intake boot adapter and fill some dead space, to make the inside look more like a boysen rad valve

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mike has a mild-krinkle finish black powder that looks really good on the old Mac parts - it's not quite as "krinkly" as the Mac factory finish, but it
looks even better as far as I'm concerned:

I saw them in person and was blown away! They do look awesome!