Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
7:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe Randy will treat us with a vid when he gets my 800p done:). If it turns out anything like the 500p and 600p he did for me, I will be a happy camper for sure.

I'll try Rob. I finally got some largish oak that is solid for testing these 665s I'm doing. I'm sure there will be some left for the 800P.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll try Rob. I finally got some largish oak that is solid for testing these 665s I'm doing. I'm sure there will be some left for the 800P.
1 saw I have considered was the 800p but nothing good about mods and stock they were a pooch. Keep us posted on details of that build. I'm leaning twards the 620pw as a next bigger cause the 800p had nothing good for reviews. But I did buy the echo 360t and nobody had anything good to say about that saw and it's a good strong runner now.

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
6:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
1 saw I have considered was the 800p but nothing good about mods and stock they were a pooch. Keep us posted on details of that build. I'm leaning twards the 620pw as a next bigger cause the 800p had nothing good for reviews. But I did buy the echo 360t and nobody had anything good to say about that saw and it's a good strong runner now.

The 800p is a test more than anything. I want to know what a good builder can do with it and I have faith in Randy. He won't turn his nose up at it just because it's an Echo. He will give it a fair shake. Will it turn out to be a turd? Maybe, but then again, maybe not. It might surprise the heck out of people.

I know one thing...If Randy can do to the 800p what he did to the 600p it will be interesting. That 600p will put a smile on your face. He really did a beautiful job on it (same with the 500p).

echoshawn

Blinker fluid
Local time
8:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The 800p is a test more than anything. I want to know what a good builder can do with it and I have faith in Randy. He won't turn his nose up at it just because it's an Echo. He will give it a fair shake. Will it turn out to be a turd? Maybe, but then again, maybe not. It might surprise the heck out of people.

I know one thing...If Randy can do to the 800p what he did to the 600p it will be interesting. That 600p will put a smile on your face. He really did a beautiful job on it (same with the 500p).
Hope to have my 600P headed to the chimp for some work soon ;)

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Yeah that's why I'm stoked to se if it comes to life. I can't afford a big stihl so I figured a 620pw can pull a 27 in maybe bigger with a skip chain. The 800 was 1 saw I was ready to pay for and I'm glad I didn't after youtube the very few vids they have and customer reviews. So I passed. I think they could have potential. Echo has hidden potential my 510 was a strong runner with a gutted oem muffler.
That muffler Crack up bad so I piped it for fun. The 620 stock is good, modded very nice. So I'd like to se what the inside of the 800 looks like and the potential it may have after you get it back. Hope there is a good build thread for the 800p

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah that's why I'm stoked to se if it comes to life. I can't afford a big stihl so I figured a 620pw can pull a 27 in maybe bigger with a skip chain. The 800 was 1 saw I was ready to pay for and I'm glad I didn't after youtube the very few vids they have and customer reviews. So I passed. I think they could have potential. Echo has hidden potential my 510 was a strong runner with a gutted oem muffler.
That muffler Crack up bad so I piped it for fun. The 620 stock is good, modded very nice. So I'd like to se what the inside of the 800 looks like and the potential it may have after you get it back. Hope there is a good build thread for the 800p

There's very little info out there on the 800p and I think most of what you are seeing on YouTube is the 8000. Supposedly, Echo redesigned the top end on the 800p vs. the 8000. I'm more curious about the carb since it appears the 800p has a smaller one vs. the 8000.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There's very little info out there on the 800p and I think most of what you are seeing on YouTube is the 8000. Supposedly, Echo redesigned the top end on the 800p vs. the 8000. I'm more curious about the carb since it appears the 800p has a smaller one vs. the 8000.
I did se 1 or 2 800p vids the day i was about to buy 1 and was not impressed. Until some one can do simple mods to make alright and port to make em kick azz il hold off. 620pw is my next purchase when I pull a few more jobs off

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I did se 1 or 2 800p vids the day i was about to buy 1 and was not impressed. Until some one can do simple mods to make alright and port to make em kick azz il hold off. 620pw is my next purchase when I pull a few more jobs off

I agree on the 800p...time will tell if it's worth owning or not.

As far as the 600 series goes: When the snow melts off here in the mountains in the next couple months, I'm going to do some comparison vids. I would never pass up a deal on a 600p. They can be had for $400 brand new. Even just MM'd and tuned, they are really strong. The limited vs. unlimited coil really doesn't mean much in the real world. I think the comparison vids will be surprising to some.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Little progress on this.

Split the case, new bearings seals etc.

I will say this saw has a stout built oiler. Steel worm, and drive.

The cases have a steel race cast into them for holding the crank bearings. I just pressed in the bearings didn't want to expand the case around the bearing race.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Cut a new jug for this saw, broke through the transfers couple spots on the other jug. Didn't have the right collet for my rt angle, when I did the pervious jug. Trying to shape em with a 3/8 burr didn't go too well.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Intake at 81.

Squish .017

Progress...

All put together 620 coil and all....

Gotta get a 3/8×7 rim fuel l/impulse lines spark plug and a carb kit lol.

Also find my spark tester, couldn't get a pop with either coil, even with fuel down the throat.