Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ex and transfers ended up a bit higher than I was hoping. Forgot about the taper on the piston when laying it out.

Oh well ought to be able to take advantage of the unlimited coil now.

I have 2 more of these 590's to play with, so we will see what the next one brings.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
5:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
3/8,, 8 pin would be better because a stock 590 can run one no problem.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
might make a ms 362 killer.

I hear those are awesome. ..

3/8,, 8 pin would be better because a stock 590 can run one no problem.

I'll probably pick up a couple of those too.

Feels like taking the exhaust up that high killed compression. Or could be the pull ratio. But I'll be surprised if it is over 170 psi. Really want to get this one going and run it against the 359 I just got done doing.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I'm an idiot. Ain't got no spark wif the kill switch on.

Lol

Did a carb kit today, got it to run.

This thing feels just plain nasty...

But I think I botched the kit installed. Think I knocked 5he check valve out of the brass jet. Also think this carb has an enrichment circuit. Needle all the way in 12500 is all she Will go 4 stroking like crazy. Has the unlimited coil, so I have to have carb issues...

Try swapping a good carb on tomorrow and try plugging the extra holes in this one.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
these echos will surprise you my 590 did with only a muffler mod and a unlimited coil.

I only messed with it for 10 min or so. But even being super rich, not wanting to clean up trying to rip the tank off, still pulled hard. Now get it set right I think this saw will be pretty sporty.

Néed to take advantage of the unlimited coil now.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's pretty amazing compared to the ported 361. I really want to try bucking up a tree with a (590-620), especially ported. The 620 I held felt bigger/heavier to me than my 372xo does, but I didn't have it there for a fair comparison, nor was I running it and holding a saw static only tells about 1/3 of the tale. I don't need another saw that size and if I did, it would likely be a 7910 but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to own an Echo. You bastards watch: I'm going to win the lottery and open up LC's sawyer emporium and adult playground, with representative models of all of the good ones. That would make for an epic GTG...

Then raffle off all of the ones I didn't love and donate the revenue to either Big Brothers Big Sisters, Make a Wish, or the Nat'l Brain Tumour Society...

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's pretty amazing compared to the ported 361. I really want to try bucking up a tree with a (590-620), especially ported. The 620 I held felt bigger/heavier to me than my 372xo does, but I didn't have it there for a fair comparison, nor was I running it and holding a saw static only tells about 1/3 of the tale. I don't need another saw that size and if I did, it would likely be a 7910 but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to own an Echo. You bastards watch: I'm going to win the lottery and open up LC's sawyer emporium and adult playground, with representative models of all of the good ones. That would make for an epic GTG...

Then raffle off all of the ones I didn't love and donate the revenue to either Big Brothers Big Sisters, Make a Wish, or the Nat'l Brain Tumour Society...

My first 10 min impression cutting pig rich 10-11k, think once it is turned up it would run real close to my old ported 371.

Just has that feel/attitude to it. May be wrong. Or it all could be the inferior plastic and av lollololol

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My first 10 min impression cutting pig rich 10-11k, think once it is turned up it would run real close to my old ported 371.

Just has that feel/attitude to it. May be wrong. Or it all could be the inferior plastic and av lollololol
compare this saw to a ms 290 then we can talk about inferior.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wasn't trying to hate on them so please don't take it that way. I just wasn't instantly smitten when I picked the saw up the way I was with the 346xp or 562. Knowing that they're VERY well built and having seen what they can do though, I am impressed. Whether I'm impressed enough to add one to my existing inventory though will be a function of discretionary funds availability, which isn't in the foreseeable future.