592XP info and a surprise

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
8:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That user in this case does the saw no justice at all. Better off pulling that video.

Exactly. Sharpening is just inexistant, that's stupid. With this size of saw, and with this size of bar, you need a more agressive chain, and maybe an 8 pin rim sprocket. Especially when cutting pine or spruce. I cut the same kind of spruces everyday (excepted much bigger) and my 572 is faster than that.

And about the saw stalling in the cut, I can do the same with a 3120 if I really want. There's 3 possibilities, 1-the AT has a "break in" mode for a few tanks, 2-the saw has a problem, 3-the user dont know how to properly run a saw.

The other video with the 44" bar is much more impressive, it's the performance level we can expect from a new generation 90cc saw.

pavel408

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And about the saw stalling in the cut, I can do the same with a 3120 if I really want.
How would you stall 3120 in the cut (if the chain is all right)? I assumed that with such strong saw even pushing into the cut should not be a problem...?
(Edit: Talking about normal-sized spruce - not the monsters in your last message :))

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How would you stall 3120 in the cut (if the chain is all right)? I assumed that with such strong saw even pushing into the cut should not be a problem...?
(Edit: Talking about normal-sized spruce - not the monsters in your last message :))
Just lean on is as hard as you can. To be honest, I only tried this with a 088, but I suppose a 3120 would be the same.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
2:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a mate that runs a hire shop and he's not brand orientated at all just runs who gives him the best deal at the time , he showed me a spreadsheet of his costs to return on his gear and it was very surprising to me . His stihl gear was the most expensive to own and his husky gear came next , the real surprise was oleo mac . Few problems, low investment ,customers real happy with performance. Very interesting I thought
Not saying it isn’t true but aren’t oleo Mac and Olympik the same and if they are the few I’ve seen haven’t impressed me much. Heavy, low on power size for size, no dealers really because from talking to a few locals that did handle them at one time they as a company are horrible to deal with so they quit them. Stihl, husky and to a lesser extent echo sell themselves so why would you even bother to try an push a brand unknown to 80% of the general public.I will stick with the 3 main saws left since dolkita is officially done with gas from what I’ve heard.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No matter if the saw is sharp or not you can stall anything if you try. I’ve stalled my 075 with a 25”bar my 090 also with same bar with good and sharp .404 chain. Not sure how much more power a 880 or 3120 has than my 090 if any.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just lean on is as hard as you can. To be honest, I only tried this with a 088, but I suppose a 3120 would be the same.

I finally got to run the stock 880 that belongs to a guy I know. He would brag about it's power and speed and .404 chain. He had .404 full skip 30" with regular 7t rim, and I found it quite easy to stall it.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
3:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I finally got to run the stock 880 that belongs to a guy I know. He would brag about it's power and speed and .404 chain. He had .404 full skip 30" with regular 7t rim, and I found it quite easy to stall it.
Well, those aren't really a long bar saw.

Sawrain

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
395, 661, 064, 9010, 2095, 084 I have the 90+cc starter kit, any will stall if you lean on them hard enough, with the chain sharpened so you don’t have to force them into the wood it’s easy to stall them, especially bucking when some are close to self feeding, stalling does not take much of ones strength at all.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
3:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with aforementioned 395 statement, its got big shoes to fill . The 395 pretty much sold me on Husqvarna.
Some gear drives aren't gonna stall (without a 7' bar), the chain will back the bar and saw out of the cut and throw the operator to the side or it'll climb the log and drag you along for the ride.
Some of the big Homelites or McCullochs that are gear driven come to mind.

Rogee

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im
Not saying it isn’t true but aren’t oleo Mac and Olympik the same and if they are the few I’ve seen haven’t impressed me much. Heavy, low on power size for size, no dealers really because from talking to a few locals that did handle them at one time they as a company are horrible to deal with so they quit them. Stihl, husky and to a lesser extent echo sell themselves so why would you even bother to try an push a brand unknown to 80% of the general public.I will stick with the 3 main saws left since dolkita is officially done with gas from what I’ve heard.
Not pushing anything at all . Oleo Mac are owned by husky and the saws he has for hire look very much like the husky . Maybe we get different models out here in nz . Was more pointing up the total cost of ownership is not always what you think it is . I don't have an oleo mac saw and am not likely to get one soon but sounds like dealer backup is fine down here

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mistake thought it was the same as Olympic which is same as efco. Efco is who the local dealers had issues with and the 5 year warranty for everyone they promoted

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK we have established you can stall/bog any saw. I was just pointing out the obvious in that vid.
That saw in the vid was blubbering doing them bucking cuts maybe it needs more run time? Or has a really fat break in tune? or something wrong with it? who knows.. I'm sure it will be a fine saw we will know more as more people get their hands on them.