High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

592XP info and a surprise

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
11:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sounded like those 592's out west were autotune? You said they said they weren't a game changer...Well no!!! I'm sure I've had many many ported 372 that pulled more than 7.6 hp. But that is one heck of a start

Ported saws and lite bars were the game changer

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I can’t remember how big my dogs were on my 390 comparing that I switched them out to the large dogs in less than one week after having the saw .same thing on my 572 them the you little dog that came with it went bye-bye when I upgraded.
But still I’m getting impatient can’t wait for it to come out.
And it definitely was neat to find that stuff over the weekend as long as it’s accurate it definitely the saw should be something!

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I would have wrote it as followed:
The demos that came to the west coast have the 'westcoasters'. Bigger than the 372/390 oem big dogs. Actually,
_________
I would once classify the larger OEM as falling dogs even knowing the definition through the BC program is "must have dogs adequate for timber type" so that would make both sets falling dogs. What we once called 'westcoasters was when Walker's would weld on a larger bottom dog.

The west coast dawgs from both manufactures are at best good till about 60 maybe 80 year old timber. You start getting older that bark gets shaggy and custom dawgs are a necessity or in the fun of the Red Cedar that makes me itch even thinking about cutting it. Jamie on the heli side stuff were you in the old growth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The west coast dawgs from both manufactures are at best good till about 60 maybe 80 year old timber. You start getting older that bark gets shaggy and custom dawgs are a necessity or in the fun of the Red Cedar that makes me itch even thinking about cutting it. Jamie on the heli side stuff were you in the old growth?

I guess those real sharp ones are what you're talking about. Most of the wood out east is fine to cut with the little guys, but I do run into trees that definitely require the extra reach of the larger dawg, like cottonwood and big old Oaks.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What I also like about the bigger dogs. Is that they give you a little more room between the muffler and the wood if you have your bar buried in it. For heat they get away. I have heard about 395s getting a little too hot and Melting some plastic buy the .

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess those real sharp ones are what you're talking about. Most of the wood out east is fine to cut with the little guys, but I do run into trees that definitely require the extra reach of the larger dawg, like cottonwood and big old Oaks.

Sharp helps but the size as well, even in second growth the fir bark can get super thick so a bigger dawg is required otherwise you’re fighting your cuts. The 390 dawgs sort of work in some of this timber but something like a 395’s are a lot better from day one a set of pro safety’s or the 3 points work extremely well.

ManiacalMark

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Or big root flares, guys running those short dogs on 372 platform saws eventually end up breaking the thin spot of the crankcase by the oil cap.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Or big root flares, guys running those short dogs on 372 platform saws eventually end up breaking the thin spot of the crankcase by the oil cap.
Or, they break out inner top hole on clutch side case by leveraging on those big long spikes. It's all about timber you are cutting, neighbor removes spikes altogether.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then there’s guys that run a saw like a pussy.... then come onto the forum to complain why it’s not running right. Well that’s because your not using it hard enough lol. These newer chip controlled saws aren’t made to sit by a chipper idling all day. Always extremes on either side of the spectrum I guess?

Last edited:

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then there’s guys that run a saw like a pussy.... then come onto the forum to complain why it’s not running right. Well that’s because your not using it hard enough lol. These newer chip controlled saws aren’t made to sit by a chipper idling all day. Always extremes on either side of the spectrum I guess?
There was a guy on YouTube.[emoji1]