High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

461 vs 460?

big t double

You can call me Teddy Eastwood.....
Local time
9:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Aw *s-word...I see what you did there...g'night ya buncha bastids.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
10:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now I'm not pretending to be as knowledgeable as you guys are, but I will tell you right now that if you tried to bore into both of those trees, at least one of them would have taken your saw down the hill in pieces. The second tree especially, there just was not enough of it left to do that, and I'm sure if you were there and looked at it you would agree with me. Nothing replaces looking at it up close & personal. I barely touched the back cut on it, and it went down.

Redfin

Meh...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Reading all this makes me jealous. I wish I had trees around here to justify falling with a 461 or bigger saw... Lately my falling saw has been a Jred 2153 with a 16" bar. I have somewhere north of 450 eab killed ash trees on my property and I bet there's less than 20 of them that I couldn't flop with my 200t.
Its sad AJ. I just mentioned how bad the ash in my area looks just from last summer till now. Im only a couple ours from you.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its sad AJ. I just mentioned how bad the ash in my area looks just from last summer till now. Im only a couple ours from you.
It is sad. I tagged 318 standing dead last fall so just since then over 100 more have given up. That's not even counting the 50 plus I've already cut up. The ants are getting at most of my oaks now. Hickory has been the healthiest trees on my lot and the hickory borers are starting on them. We lost a 3' dia hickory last fall to a windstorm. Tree looked healthy but was hollow inside for the first 12' or so. It had maybe 6" of solid wood around the outside. I love to cut wood and am not a "tree huger" but it is a shame. These damn bugs are obliterating our forests.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now I'm not pretending to be as knowledgeable as you guys are, but I will tell you right now that if you tried to bore into both of those trees, at least one of them would have taken your saw down the hill in pieces. The second tree especially, there just was not enough of it left to do that, and I'm sure if you were there and looked at it you would agree with me. Nothing replaces looking at it up close & personal. I barely touched the back cut on it, and it went down.
If they are rotting bad you don't need to bore em, Mother Nature took care of that part for you

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have not heard that, hope it is not correct, Oak seems to be what is replacing my Ash Upstate.

Used to be more Hard Maple up there, but the Gypsie Moths devastated them. A lot of them are still alive, but the tops are dead and they grow real slow. They did not hit the Cherry or Ash as badly.

The Beech are not healthy, ditto the Hemlock, not gonna be much left soon! I don't see any Tulip trees up there, but they are all over down here!

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
9:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
had a 460 in a ford it was a good engine never ran the 461 it must be one of those environmental emissions saws.