High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Dogging in vs self feeding - Tooth length too! The truth of it.

IffykidMn

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If ya sharpening is lacking it doesn't matter what saws ya own you will never get the best out of em.. It's like owning a muscle car with bald tyres yeah sure it's still drivable but absolutely useless! a honda civic will pull away from ya 😆
Street slicks are basically bald and they seem to hook up pretty good.;):sisi1

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next time I see my dad I'll tell him the internet's said Stihl pro saws are rubbish they can't even pull 3/8 chain they are useless aprently lol

For those interested bit of history...
Yes he likes Stihl pro saws. And yep I can hear the tears flowing already 😄
He's never owned a Stihl saw under 90cc if it can't pull .404 chain in Aussie hardwoods he doesn't want anything to do with it.
He reckons the 066/Aussie ms660 and ms661 are ok for little saws lol.. Although he's not that keen on the ms661 with the solenoids failing getting gutless/flooding and crap but reckons the two very high hr ones he has will see him out.

He's an old school Aussie hardwood cutter/logger... Started out young cutting firewood with clapped out 2nd hand chainsaws like Danarm with scratcher chain lol...then moved onto buzzsaws cutting firewood and cordwood for the hospital boilers.
Eventually became a cutter for the big hardwood sawmills back in the day running 090's.. He still reckons they are the best chainsaw Stihl ever made loved his 090's..
Got his 1st sleeper order from the QLD railway for 1000 sleepers and ripped them out with an 090 and filled that order.
Then he upgraded and built a buzzsaw running a Holden 6 cylinder red motor to speed up cutting sleepers. I remember hanging of the beast as a teenager we cut thousands of sleepers with it.
From there a portable sawmill with braking down and a bench..
Eventual worked up to owning a half decent hardwood sawmill we cut hundreds of thousands of sleepers and bridge timbers for the railways over the years.
Anyways fast forward he retired a multi millionaire all the time running stock pro Stihl saws who would ever believe it that's impossible according to the internet's lol

And this is him today mid 70's still going strong. And yep the smallest saw he owns is still 90cc. Hard to believe really when even 20year olds nowadays will try and have you believe a ms661 is to heavy to run all day 😆..
This vid is him a week or two ago. Even though he is retired and doesn't need to work he's still doing his split firewood to sell seems he can't go a day in his life without running a chainsaw...
Personally I reckon if someone can't make a living running pro saws from any of the major brands it's not something I'd be going around telling anyone kind of embarrassing really If you ask me but what I know lol

He's firewood
View attachment 429735
View attachment 429736

Dad with his 1st buzzsaw pic taken before I was born I'm 51.
View attachment 429740

Heres some railway sleepers we used to cut.
View attachment 429737View attachment 429739
Ported saw? I'm trying to figure out if that's a puff of fire, or some random explosion of sawdust fines, or what
1727300835689.png