Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
11:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a MM ported 661 Iam not totally sold on mtronic

There are a couple guys that have converted them, and they look to be more Beastly with the mechanical carbs.

Silly Yermans.
I swapped a cylinder from a non mtronic 661 to a new mtronic 661.
It lost 700-900 rpm in the cut compared to when it ran without mtronics

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll put my unported 044 and 440 up against any unported 372 out there. If I don't beat all of them, I'll beat most of them.

Maybe I'll get them dynoed at the upcoming GTG. I honestly don't know which one runs stronger, I like em both!

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
5:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score

Maybe I'll get them dynoed at the upcoming GTG. I honestly don't know which one runs stronger, I like em both!

If more or less self made and uncertified dynos start popping up, I will be extremely skeptical - there is no "like" for such a thing.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If more or less self made and uncertified dynos start popping up, I will be extremely skeptical - there is no "like" for such a thing.

Niko,

This one looks like it was done right, and there are already some "baseline" saws to use for comparison. IMO, the actual #s don't mean a lot, but the relation to other saws tested the same day, under the same conditions, with the same equipment will provide more relevance than anything else we do.

Heck, two guys run the same saw and get widely different cut times!

Good to see you posting, hope you are doing well.

MustangMike

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dyno is a good tool to measure gains. No more no less. Like the inertia dyno vs a load cell dyno for vehicles. One will read higher hp than the other and one will show more torque.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Niko,

This one looks like it was done right, and there are already some "baseline" saws to use for comparison. IMO, the actual #s don't mean a lot, but the relation to other saws tested the same day, under the same conditions, with the same equipment will provide more relevance than anything else we do.

Heck, two guys run the same saw and get widely different cut times!

Good to see you posting, hope you are doing well.

MustangMike

If the dyno isn't certified/calibrated (or whatever it is called), the results always will be in the hear-say category.

If results from uncertified (or whatever) dynos are posted on a forum, it will degrade the value of that forum, as some readers will believe they are true, even though the really are just relative (to each other).

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even if the dyno is not properly calibrated to exact specs, it can still be useful in telling which saw among a group is producing most power. I think its good that people are moving away from the dinosaur days of cut times and stop watches. Often its more a measure of chain sharpness and technique rather than just power. Only a dyno will discover those small power increases in things like fuel choice, ignition, intake and exhaust mods that will steer tuners in the right direction. As the dynos improve so will the guys running them. We live in a good era when computer tech/programming can really assist those spinning a Foredom and lathe. New things are often canned until they prove their worth and become self evident.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Even if the dyno is not properly calibrated to exact specs, it can still be useful in telling which saw among a group is producing most power. ....

Likely, but you don't really know even that, unless the design is approved of.